Show off your towing rig!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well we finally just got tired of all the problems with our '14 RAM 3500 we just switched to FORD.
View attachment 41957

Sweet looking truck!

I've owned five Dodge trucks, three Ford trucks, and am on my first GM truck, and I can honestly say that I've had the best of luck with my Dodge trucks over the years!

Never once had a warranty issue with the Dodge trucks and put over 100,000 miles on each one.

And my last Dodge truck (1996 Ram 1500) was my most favorite vehicle out of every vehicle I've ever owned.

The Ford trucks . . . one was one of my favorite vehicles I've ever owned, but whenever it was in the shop, it always cost $1000 or more for whatever the repair was . . . even if it was something simple!

And it was in the shop a lot in the three years I kept it (three starters at $1500 a pop in three years of ownership - none replaced under warranty).

One of the Ford's was the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned . . . and the other I didn't have long enough to form an opinion as I got rear-ended while sitting at a stop light and was totaled six months after I bought it.

I still have roughly 3000 miles left on my 2015 Chevy warranty . . . so far I've had the steering wheel and three of the speakers replaced under warranty.

I do love my 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, but when I do get a new truck next time (probably 8-10 years from now), I will consider a new Chevy, but will also look very closely at a Dodge Ram!

Attachments

• CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2007.jpg
    CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2007.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 86
  • DodgeLastTime-IMG_20140901_194233999.jpg
    DodgeLastTime-IMG_20140901_194233999.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 86
  • EstesPark-IMG_2845.jpg
    EstesPark-IMG_2845.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 85
  • SDDevilsTowerTruck-IMG_0564.jpg
    SDDevilsTowerTruck-IMG_0564.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 81
  • TaosTruckAtGorge-P1020821.jpg
    TaosTruckAtGorge-P1020821.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 4wheelinsig-IMGP3158.jpg
    4wheelinsig-IMGP3158.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Campout2012CampingWorld-PC270075.jpg
    Campout2012CampingWorld-PC270075.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 83

Bones

Well we finally just got tired of all the problems with our '14 RAM 3500 we just switched to FORD.
View attachment 41957
Good looking truck. I too was contemplating trading my 14 for a ford but I decided not too because of the equipment investment I had and traded for a 15 3500. I figured no matter what I did I had a 50-50 chance because my 14 had issues as well.

kjm1970

Finally pulled the trigger!!

2013 Vovlo VNL 730 D13 Ishift
ET Hitch ordered can't wait!!

IMG_20160107_141743.jpg

Attachments

• 730.jpg
    730.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 93
b2b76eced1a4d31752809dd00e84f63b.jpg
2015 Ram 3500 2015 Prowler 299

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agpopp

That Volvo is awesome- and I love the idea because a nice used Class 8 is about the same price as a regular pickup and you will get rock solid service from one of those for years! Very cool!

Here is our 2008 Super Duty V-10. Hope to put many more miles it than the 120K it already has.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
That Volvo is awesome- and I love the idea because a nice used Class 8 is about the same price as a regular pickup and you will get rock solid service from one of those for years! Very cool!

Here is our 2008 Super Duty V-10. Hope to put many more miles it than the 120K it already has.

Nice truck and trailer! Where in PA do you camp?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Nice truck and trailer! Where in PA do you camp?

Yeah. See you list the 'burg as home base. Like Jamie wants to know...join the club and come camp at a rally. Always room for more!!

agpopp

Hey thanks. We have stayed on this side of PA so far and we are really into the 7 springs /Ohiopyle area. We also do Myrtle and Disney's Ft. Wilderness .

This site has so many catagories I can't keep them straight. When and where is the rally?

travelin2

Jamie lives close to 7Spings and we do Myrtle beach in September/October.
Join the club and Come on over the mountains. 3 events in PA this year. Check them out on the Portal page.
Campout in April at Old Millstream ( Dutch wonderland) in Lancaster
Rally in May at Hidden Valley Resort in Mifflinburg
Rally in July at Spring Gulch in New Holland

Join us

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hey thanks. We have stayed on this side of PA so far and we are really into the 7 springs /Ohiopyle area. We also do Myrtle and Disney's Ft. Wilderness .

This site has so many catagories I can't keep them straight. When and where is the rally?

Home place is about 7 miles from Seven Springs. Beautiful area. Lots of campgrounds in that area. We have stayed at almost all of them. We hike at Ohiopyle. Love the falls.

- - - Updated - - -

Jamie lives close to 7Spings and we do Myrtle beach in September/October.
Join the club and Come on over the mountains. 3 events in PA this year. Check them out on the Portal page.
Campout in April at Old Millstream ( Dutch wonderland) in Lancaster
Rally in May at Hidden Valley Resort in Mifflinburg
Rally in July at Spring Gulch in New Holland

Join us
Yeah, what Lyle said.....
Also a Maryland rally near DC.

agpopp

Home place is about 7 miles from Seven Springs. Beautiful area. Lots of campgrounds in that area. We have stayed at almost all of them. We hike at Ohiopyle. Love the falls.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, what Lyle said.....
Also a Maryland rally near DC.

Yeah maybe we will. We will have the rig ready to roll for late March.
We bike the Allegheny Passage often and wife likes to grab lunch at the firefly grille after. We will definitely hit Yogi's before the summer prices hit in late May as well. Thanks for the welcome.

Bones

We bike the Allegheny Passage often and wife likes to grab lunch at the firefly grille after. We will definitely hit Yogi's before the summer prices hit in late May as well. Thanks for the welcome.
I'm not too thrilled about Yogi's prices this year in Quarryville either.

travelin2

Did you say "rail trail"? Come to the PA rally. A couple short trails within minutes. The 70 mile Pine Creek trail maybe 45 minutes away!
Bike on...

aRAYwego

20160120_211502.jpg20160120_211424.jpg
So here's the story. Our old TV was a 2013 Ram DRW Bighorn with 4.10 gears. A pretty plain interior package to say the least. When we would get to our destination and use the truck for sightseeing my DW would actually get sick from the ride. Very harsh even when I would lower the tire pressures.

Fast forward...... I take the truck in to get the oil changed at the dealership. While waiting I decide to call my salesman and see if he had a 2016 with the rear air suspension I could test drive. I was just expecting a SRW truck to try out. He told me he was at a satellite lot and would see what was available. Twenty minutes later he pulled into the lot with this beauty. He knew exactly what he was doing. lol It is a 2016 DRW LARAMIE with all the bells n whistles. One test drive later and we were signing papers. I was a little worried about the 3.42 gear ratio but after a couple trips from Las Vegas to San Diego, I am happy. It should be fun figuring out how to operate all the gadgets in the cab and dash. lol