Show us your tow vehicle

SailorDon

We just applied our Bighorn decals to make a matched pair.

Nicely done. Have you got a photo of your "Bighorn" truck and trailer together?

I notice you are in the New Jersey region. I've got a brother that lives in Princeton and I want to row my boat on Mercer Lake (5 miles from his place).
But my rig (with boat trailer hitched behind my travel trailer) is illegal in New Jersey. Bummer!

I think the Olympic rowers train on Mercer Lake. Maybe some of it would transfer to me by osmosis. :rolleyes:
Looks like I won't get the chance unless they change the NJ DOT trailer laws. (No double trailers allowed.)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Sailor Don why not have your family meet you at the Jersey line, hook up and take the boat trailer off your hands. :cool:

SailorDon

Sailor Don why not have your family meet you at the Jersey line, hook up and take the boat trailer off your hands. :cool:

If only it was that easy! I haven't counted them, but I think my rig is illegal in 20 states.

Interesting how Oregon and Washington jumped on the "bandwagon" of the eastern states.

As you can see from the map above, just getting to the NJ border ain't going to make it. And my brother doesn't do interstate deliveries. :(

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well, I was going to post a pix of the "gray ghost"....but. Pete and Lu have the "bookend" to mine.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
2001 Chevy 2500HD, 8.1 liter. Works for us! We always have some extra pedal left.:)

Attachments

• 20130711_185057.jpg
    20130711_185057.jpg
    841.7 KB · Views: 55

WTHunter

jarehyne.jpg

New to us TV. Our TT will be gone tomorrow. We will soon be ordering are first TH. top two at CY3800 and RW415

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
WOW! That is one BIG baby! With some serious pull power. :)

With pull power like that, are you planning to upgrade to a triple axle travel trailer?

Plan on doing just that Sailor Don. Need to sell off the TT first before getting the next condo on wheels.

DesertThumper

Congrats Hunter. Sounds like what we just did.. Wife and I just got 60% of our nick knacks back into our new RW 400W. The rest of it will be tomorrow along with small storage bins for the inside. We lost lots of closet space but overall just fine.

WTHunter

Congrats Hunter. Sounds like what we just did.. Wife and I just got 60% of our nick knacks back into our new RW 400W. The rest of it will be tomorrow along with small storage bins for the inside. We lost lots of closet space but overall just fine.

As I work out of town, my wife was lucky enough to empty ours over the last two days. She was not so excited. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertThumper

We look forward to sharing our rig setup soon. Our first trip will be picture day! Everyone here on this site has very nice rigs! Keep it safe and shining down the road.

SailorDon

When I posted my original tow vehicle photo, it was the tow vehicle I use for moving my Wilderness 2175RB around the yard as required for yard maintenance, etc.
That photo showed my John Deere 1026R lawn tractor hitched up to my travel trailer.

My highway tow vehicle is my 2010 Ford F-150 4 X 4 Platinum, 5.4L V-8, 3.73 rear end with factory tow package.

It's a good combination. Perhaps a bit underpowered for the Ozark Mountains (my first travel trailer road trip).

This photo is my truck over 3 years and 45,000 miles ago. (Long before travel trailer.)

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Hey there SailorDon, I see that your truck came from Tomball Ford. Mine came from Tomball Dodge.

SailorDon

Hey there SailorDon, I see that your truck came from Tomball Ford. Mine came from Tomball Dodge.

Tomball Ford and Tomball Dodge have the same owners. I found that out when Tomball Ford charged me for an $800 "warranty" that was a duplicate of the Ford warranty. I had to wait a few days for their accounting dept. to open after the weekend. The accountant that hit me with the bogus $800 charge had been transfered to Tomball Dodge over the weekend. It took them a long time (2 weeks) to issue me a credit for $800, but they finally got it right. I hope your dealings with Tomball Dodge were easier.

On the positive side, they were $10,000 less than Planet Ford (Houston). I buy mostly on price.

Same thing with my 2014 Wilderness 2175 RB. $3,000 less in Iowa than the best deal in Texas.
I made the 1,000 mile trip to Iowa and did my own "delivery" by taking a 4 day camping/road trip with my brand new travel trailer on the 1,000 mile trip home.
Most of my travel trailer trips will be less than 1,000 miles.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
At Copper Queen Mine RV Park, Bisbee, Arizona 2011

Attachments

• IMG_2531.jpg
    IMG_2531.jpg
    851.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited: