Shower Drain Fitting

chip_127

Can anyone identify the part shown in the photo? After our last trip out we noticed water standing in the bathroom floor. Apparently at some point the ring on this part broke allowing water to overflow the drain and spill out onto the floor.

fb0cJiH

fb0cJiH.jpg

fb0cJiH

danemayer

Not sure of the name, but I'd think if you take it to Home Depot or Lowes, you'll be able to find matching parts.

rahewett

Mine did the same thing in our Wilderness. I couldn't find anything at Lowes since they pretty much just carry PVC, not ABS pipe. I got a hose clamp just large enough to fit around the broken fitting and tightened it up to close the split. Then I screwed it back on and finished tightened it a little more. There is a gasket in the fitting to seal it off so don't over tighten the hose clamp. Just snug enough that you can't pull it off. We had to use the shower in the camper after Florence passed since we didn't have power for the house. No more leak from the shower drain. I did also put some small 2x4 blocks around the bottom of the shower to eliminate the flex around the drain somewhat. There was quite a bit of movement before and I'm sure that led to the fitting breaking. Let me know if you do find the right fitting. I would like to repair it correctly but my fix seems to work fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chip_127

Thanks for the tip rahewett. I did look at Lowes and Home Depot in my area and found the same as you. Only PVC pipe, no ABS anywhere. I ordered a drain shower kit off of E-bay that looked like it may work. I will let you know as soon as I get it in if it's going to work. I will also add a few short 2x4 pieces around the drain area to keep the flex to a minimum.

wdk450

After looking through an 800 page RV Accessories an Parts color PAPER catalog that I got at the 2012 Gillette Wyoming National Rally from their local Stalkups RV, I found the Utopia Brand 6332117 Strainer adapter that looks like what you want. A websearch on this part number came up with nothing, but I found it on Dyers RV online parts site - http://www.dyersonline.com/utopia-1-1-2-x-1-1-4-strainer-adapter.html .
On edit: I looked closer at the Dyers RV listing and saw the name "LaSalle Bristol". I did a websearch on that name and the part number 6332117 and got a whole lot of hits of the part.

I guess these printed, large, RV parts and accessories catalogs are now a thing of the past due to production expense. There used to be a generic national production of these great catalogs that most all the local RV dealers would have their custom cover printed for. I guess the local service guys would call the wholesalers group associated with the catalog to get the parts for you. These catalogs, even if a bit old, are neat to latch onto if you find them to give you accessory and parts ideas for your rigs.