shower stall

roy2

hello I have 2019 bighorn my shower stall is leaking water under the doors the metal rails leaking under them there's a little lip on the shower stall it holding the water hasn't had enough in it yet to run onto the floor yet. looked in here to see if anyone else had this problem have found them. so help me find them thanks roy

Last edited by a moderator:

BarbandFrank

We have the same problem with our Landmark. When taking showers we try to be careful to aim the shower head toward the wall instead of the glass door which helps. After showering, we use small towels to wipe up any excess water in the tracks and along the lip. I’ve read that some people drill additional holes in the metal tracks to allow water to more easily drain into the shower stall. I would imagine that is helpful, but I don’t see it solving the problem. Would be interested to know what others do.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not sure what shower you may have, but those of us with the Neo-angle showers found that there was little, if any, sealant under the glass framing. You could actually easily slip a piece of paper under it. That would allow water to run under and out onto the floor. Worse yet was water running down the fasteners that were driven into the surround and damaging the wood floor underneath. The easy fix was to caulk the perimeter of the surround along the inside to keep the water in. I read about this very early in our ownership and ran a clear silicone bead and haven't had a problem.

bevrick

hello I have 2019 bighorn my shower stall is leaking water under the doors the metal rails leaking under them there's a little lip on the shower stall it holding the water hasn't had enough in it yet to run onto the floor yet. looked in here to see if anyone else had this problem have found them. so help me find them thanks roy
WE have a 2018 Bighorn 3160el had water problems and drilled holes on inside of shower tracks near bottom to let the water back in tub, sealed outside elongated slits and painted black to match rails solved problem for us hope it will help you

Gary521

No, there is no caulking under the shower door. If they did caulk under the door that would slow them (Heartland ) down and cost money.

Mrsfish

Our shower door railing was not only not caulked but it had been put on backwards so it drained on the bathroom floor. Easy warranty fix