Side patio steps

MLB

We picked up our 4275 rw recently and it was not equipped with side patio steps Which we would like to have. Any info on these steps, which I have seen are available and an option, would be appreciated. Thanks

david-steph2018

Our Road Warrior came with 1 set of steps. So, if you want the steps on the rear patio, then decided you want them on the side you had to move the 1 set you had. These things are heavy too. But we only used the steps once or twice. Now that we are full time, we don't even have our steps with us, we left them in the storage area 3 years ago.

MLB

Thank you for the reply. I cannot see how the back patio steps would attach to the side patio. The set of steps that I have for the rear would only attach after I turned the attaching plate on the rear gate 180 degrees that was installed from the factory. I have seen pics of the side and rear steps both installed at the same time with my same setup. It looks to me in the pics that they mount differently. I have scratched my head on it for a while but will look again. Thanks again.

david-steph2018

We have the same fence on the rear and side patios. I wonder if you have a different style of fencing/mounting system then we do. I did not need to turn any mounting plate or anything. Our steps hook to the 2 pins on the fence, one on each fence leg, on the bottom next to the rollers.

MLB

We have the same fence on the rear and side patios. I wonder if you have a different style of fencing/mounting system then we do. I did not need to turn any mounting plate or anything. Our steps hook to the 2 pins on the fence, one on each fence leg, on the bottom next to the rollers.
Yeah I’m pretty sure we have a different setup. The steps for my back patio clip onto a plate with two mushroom type pegs that are mounted to an aluminum plate which is screwed to the lip of the rear door/gate. From the factory the screws that mount the plate were on the stair side of the pegs which did not allow the clips for the steps to sit on the lip After turning the plate around, thus putting the screws on the back side of the pegs, it solved that issue. There is even a relief on the clips mounted to the steps to clear the screw heads when mounted properly. There is nothing like that on the side patio. There are two “L” shaped brackets mounted on the lip of the side “ramp /door” that align with the railing gate and two other mystery clips mounted on the bottom/ outside of the “ramp/door” when lowered. It doesn’t make sense to me that they would have made it universal but stranger things have happened!

Beisek

Thank you for the reply. I cannot see how the back patio steps would attach to the side patio. The set of steps that I have for the rear would only attach after I turned the attaching plate on the rear gate 180 degrees that was installed from the factory. I have seen pics of the side and rear steps both installed at the same time with my same setup. It looks to me in the pics that they mount differently. I have scratched my head on it for a while but will look again. Thanks again.
I do t have an answer but I do have a brand new set of 3 step patio steps with the under bar for support still wrapped I. The wood they were shipped in. I’m looking for a place to sell them. I’m in auburn Alabama just putting it out there. I’m sure if someone wanted to put on a side patio they would just need the plate that has the two knobs to hook them too.

Attachments

• 60658D92-DD79-4BED-868E-7074BEDBE9DF.jpeg
    60658D92-DD79-4BED-868E-7074BEDBE9DF.jpeg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 17

TexasUltra

I do t have an answer but I do have a brand new set of 3 step patio steps with the under bar for support still wrapped I. The wood they were shipped in. I’m looking for a place to sell them. I’m in auburn Alabama just putting it out there. I’m sure if someone wanted to put on a side patio they would just need the plate that has the two knobs to hook them too.
I sure wish you were closer. I'll touch base with you on our next trip east.

Dahillbilly

I sure wish you were closer. I'll touch base with you on our next trip east.
I know there is a Lippert event last week of Oct in Pine Mountain, GA at the RV Park there. Join the Lippert Scouts Community and post them there, never know who may want them.