Sinking Sink

Hello,

My first post since buying our new 2018 Open Range 2802BH. The kitchen sink has disconnected itself from the countertop. Factory did not install the clips that secure sink to top. Screws are there but no clips. Was held on by just the caulking. Is this an easy fix or does the cabinet need to be dismantled? From what I can determine, just remove screws and install some sort of bracket. Please chime in if anyone has had a similar experience. Thank you in advance, happy trails!

Al

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have repaired a couple dropped sinks.
My process involved removing the sink, cleaning off all of the old caulk, applying new caulk, I used clear silicon, bracing the sink in place and installing new sink brackets.
It might sound like a lot of work but it really wasn't.
I normally don't like to use silicon but for this application it is a great adhesive.

Peace
Dave

Cookie (Dave) I'm a two year owner of a 2012 Big Country 3595re. The sink dropped down after a friend of my grandson climbed over the counter to retrieve a backpack from the living area, the camper was closed up and he couldn't wait till I got it opened up. I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of silicon you used to seal/attach the sink to the countertop? I've mounted a lot of above counter sinks, but never a below. I guess I'm fixing to learn. Thanks!!!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, climbing over the counter and kneeling in the sink cover is how I ruined ours.
I just used a tube of clear silicon and a caulk gun. Make sure the surface is clean and free of any old silicon residue if that is what was previously used. Ammonia is good for removing that residue.
I also added a few extra sink clips where I could.

Peace
Dave

Yeah, climbing over the counter and kneeling in the sink cover is how I ruined ours.
I just used a tube of clear silicon and a caulk gun. Make sure the surface is clean and free of any old silicon residue if that is what was previously used. Ammonia is good for removing that residue.
I also added a few extra sink clips where I could.

Peace
Dave
Thank you for the help!