Slide awnings??

eddylives

We just replaced our trailer (trailrunner 26FQB) without slides with a 2017 starcraft 346RESA with triple slides..
I have seen many trailers with slides both with and without slide awnings and now wonder about the pro's and con's of having/not having them?
I understand that they keep leaves and such from building up to be cleaned off before you retract and keep rain off the slide roof etc.
It was also mentioned that they can catch wind and flap transferring noise into the trailer , how do you clean under them? I am sure some debris must find its way through the open ends?

Just looking for any thoughts positive or negative on installing them on our new trailer.

I am also toying with the idea of fabbing up my own solid covers since we are staying at a serviced site year round and going to leave the slides out for the season.
They would have to be light weight but strong enough to hold up over the span from the rain gutter on the wall to the outer edge of the slide.
After having a quick look at the slide system it looks easy enough to attach to the rain gutter and the outer attachment will require a little thought.
A nice light guage embossed aluminum skin with strategic bracing is my first thought , but that's the sheet metal worker coming out of me lol.

So what does anyone think?

And before I posted I had a thought lol.
Is slide creep an issue with solid covers? or even an issue with slides now days?