Slide bounce while travelling

Hi, hoping someone here has seen this problem and knows of a solution. The large slide out on my RV is bouncing excessively while traveling. The front corner is moving enough to slam into the head rail and side bracket of the slide topper. It has literally bent the corner of the slide inward and worn a hole in the side of my rig. I have checked every component of the slide mechanism and can’t find any loose, broken or worn parts. The slide appears to operate perfectly. How do I stop this movement?

danemayer

Hi RHawkinson,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm assuming this is not from driving offroad.

Normally, the worst of road shocks is absorbed by the springs. So it sounds like maybe you should look at your suspension to make sure nothing is broken and the springs are not flat. Check both sides.

Hi RHawkinson,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm assuming this is not from driving offroad.

Normally, the worst of road shocks is absorbed by the springs. So it sounds like maybe you should look at your suspension to make sure nothing is broken and the springs are not flat. Check both sides.

Thanks for the feedback. No off-road other than into and out of campgrounds at slow speed. Suspension looks good. I inspect before every trip. Shocks are less than a year old.

wdk450

Knowing the year and model of your Heartland would help us give you better answers.

MorRyde IS suspension upgrade? Joyrider improved heavy duty shock absorber system?

LBR

Hi, hoping someone here has seen this problem and knows of a solution. The large slide out on my RV is bouncing excessively while traveling. The front corner is moving enough to slam into the head rail and side bracket of the slide topper. It has literally bent the corner of the slide inward and worn a hole in the side of my rig. I have checked every component of the slide mechanism and can’t find any loose, broken or worn parts. The slide appears to operate perfectly. How do I stop this movement?
I gave you 4 suggestions on your FB post earlier.

Knowing the year and model of your Heartland would help us give you better answers.

MorRyde IS suspension upgrade? Joyrider improved heavy duty shock absorber system?

Dexter EZ Flex. Not sure what the shock system is. Factory installed. Rig is a 2014 Landmark Savannah.

Hollandt

You may want to check the tires for balance and/or for being out of round. Typically RV tires do not come balanced. If you have ever had a severely out of balance tire on your car you can imagine what maybe happening with one on the RV.

You may want to check the tires for balance and/or for being out of round. Typically RV tires do not come balanced. If you have ever had a severely out of balance tire on your car you can imagine what maybe happening with one on the RV.

Thanks. I’ll definitely check them. They were installed and balanced in July but you never know.

Gary521

I am assuming that you have hydraulic slides. Hydraulic slides are bolted to the rack system that moves the slides in and out. With the slides open, see if the outer edge of the slide is bolted here.

I am assuming that you have hydraulic slides. Hydraulic slides are bolted to the rack system that moves the slides in and out. With the slides open, see if the outer edge of the slide is bolted here.

Thanks. Yes went over the entire system with a Lippert tech on the phone. Everything is tight and operating as it should. Heartland techs now have photos of everything and are looking for clues.