Slide cable has sagging

Albertg

My rear lower cable has about a 1 sag in it. The manual talks about removing a cover and adjusting the tension. The only cover I can see is the trim that has no apparent way to remove inside the unit. I can feel the cables behind this trim but again I see no attachments holding the trim on. IMG_1254.jpg

jmarnell

If it's like our Cyclone, that top trim is nailed on. We recently had a problem with the cables on one of our slides, and I just pried off the trim with a small pry bar. I'm going to re-install it with brown screws so it will be easier to remove when the cables need adjusting again. I don't trust myself to do all the adjustments so our mobile RV tech will be coming to adjust everything.

david-steph2018

When we had the issue with our bedroom slide, the gearbox went out. The mobile tech moved the slide in about 4-6" and was able to reach over the top of the trim to replace the gearbox.
When the repair shop had to remove our large slide, the trim was nailed on with pin nails. It was easily removed with a pry bar.

Dahillbilly

My rear lower cable has about a 1 sag in it. The manual talks about removing a cover and adjusting the tension. The only cover I can see is the trim that has no apparent way to remove inside the unit. I can feel the cables behind this trim but again I see no attachments holding the trim on. View attachment 67510
see this from the tools tab above https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Slide_Outs/Rooms/BAL/accuslide_service-manual.pdf; page 8-9 has the slack as 1". Yours may not need adjusting