Slide maintenance - AccuSlide lube for the tracks?

Hello all!

I have a 2017 Mallard IDM 245 that has been a lot of fun! I am wondering about proper preventative maintenance for the slide out room. How does one get to the tracks to lube them and check they are clear? It has the accuslide system.

Thanks in advance!!

Scott P

garyroee

Got an RV? How about anything around the house that needs a quick lube without gumming up and attracting dirt and lint? I purchased and use Camco Slide-Out Lube on my RV slide at the direction of my mechanic, who also loves it. I soon found that it worked so well I should try it elsewhere, so I lubed my smith rack in the gym… guess what? Works awesome. Great value!

Last edited:

centerline

Hello all!

I have a 2017 Mallard IDM 245 that has been a lot of fun! I am wondering about proper preventative maintenance for the slide out room. How does one get to the tracks to lube them and check they are clear? It has the accuslide system.

Thanks in advance!!

Scott P

none of the accu-slide units im familier with have a track. they sit on nylon, self lubricating rollers, and the cables (which attach to a drive chain on the motor) pull the unit in/out.

for preventive maintenance, there is nothing to lube, but the cables do need to be checked once in awhile to make sure they are still tensioned properly, or they can jump a pulley and ruin the cable... or, if they are too tight, damage can occur.
the other BIG thing to check for is any place on the exterior of the slide unit where there may be a breach in the caulking, letting water in.... because if this happens, the water will settle in the bottom of the unit, UN-NOTICED, until one day the bottom of the unit will be scraping on the sill as it slides in and out, requiring a full rebuild or replacement of the slide unit...