slide out of alignment

xsivhp

Hi -

I was wondering if this is something to worry about? My slide does not seem to want to go all the way in.

The front edge is nice and tight, but the rear edge hangs out. I can slide my fingers in the gap.

Thanks!

Mike

PXL_20211023_143058268.jpg

PXL_20211023_143142403.jpg

wdk450

If you have the Lippert hydraulic slides check the synchronizing adjustment on page 17 of this manual:

Also there is a rack and pinon equalizer assembly that works to synchronize the hydraulic ram push/pull forces. It is a common thing for one of these rack and pinon assemblies to jump a tooth, and make the slide positioning uneven. You can unbolt one of the gear packs, move the toothed rack attached to the slide room by 1 tooth as needed, re-attach the gear pack, and do final slide room adjustments from the manual.

Last edited:

xsivhp

If you have the Lippert hydraulic slides check the synchronizing adjustment on page 17 of this manual:

Also there is a rack and pinon equalizer assembly that works to synchronize the hydraulic ram push/pull forces. It is a common thing for one of these rack and pinon assemblies to jump a tooth, and make the slide positioning uneven. You can unbolt one of the gear packs, move the toothed rack attached to the slide room by 1 tooth as needed, re-attach the gear pack, and do final slide room adjustments from the manual.

Perfect thank you so much. I do have the Lippert Hydraulic Slides.

xsivhp

Well the slide is off about 5/8" front to back, however I got luck and it went in all the way just by pushing on it while retracting it. That was great news because it was very cold and windy when I was looking at it. :) Thank you for your help!

sengli

Mine looked like that too. The top was all the way in and the bottom was out bout like yours. Had the slide adjusted while in for warranty service, and when the bottom came in farther it damaged the water proof covering on the bottom plywood. I know all they did was tighten that large nut on the hydraulic ram, on that slide to make it pull the bottom of the kitchen slide pull in farther. The slide didnt like that, so I adjusted it back out.

xsivhp

Mine looked like that too. The top was all the way in and the bottom was out bout like yours. Had the slide adjusted while in for warranty service, and when the bottom came in farther it damaged the water proof covering on the bottom plywood. I know all they did was tighten that large nut on the hydraulic ram, on that slide to make it pull the bottom of the kitchen slide pull in farther. The slide didnt like that, so I adjusted it back out.
Makes me wonder if anyone anywhere knows what they are doing anymore. ??? Thanks for the reply!