Slide out sagging

geolink

Good morning all,
I have a new 2019 North Trail 22crb. This is my first trailer with a slide out, so I don't know what is normal and what is not. When fully extended, the slide out sags down about an inch. Thus the couch and dinette table slope as well. I would like to know if this is a flaw, or if it was installed like this to allow water to drain off of the slide's roof. Is this the norm for slide outs? I am going to have to cut and reweld the dinette support tube just to level the table. Any thoughts?

thanks, George

Last edited by a moderator:

carl.swoyer

Good morning all,
I have a new 2019 North Trail 22crb. This is my first trailer with a slide out, so I don't know what is normal and what is not. When fully extended, the slide out sags down about an inch. Thus the couch and dinette table slope as well. I would like to know if this is a flaw, or if it was installed like this to allow water to drain off of the slide's roof. Is this the norm for slide outs? I am going to have to cut and reweld the dinette support tube just to level the table. Any thoughts?

thanks, George
A picture of the slide showing the issue would be helpful.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

geolink

A picture of the slide showing the issue would be helpful.

The issue is when the slide is fully extended, the outer wall of the slide is 1" closer to the ground than the inner wall. It slopes downhill when extended. I just put the trailer back in my building and I can't extend the slide for a pic.

carl.swoyer

The issue is when the slide is fully extended, the outer wall of the slide is 1" closer to the ground than the inner wall. It slopes downhill when extended. I just put the trailer back in my building and I can't extend the slide for a pic.
I believe you are describing the offset.
The offset is to prevent the rain water from entering the RV. That being said next time watch the slide stow and seal. Any problems would show up with the d-seal. From the top of the slide to the bottom it should be equal.

geolink

I believe you are describing the offset.
The offset is to prevent the rain water from entering the RV. That being said next time watch the slide stow and seal. Any problems would show up with the d-seal. From the top of the slide to the bottom it should be equal.

Thank you for your input. I'll take a look at it next time I have it out. The inside floor of the slide is also running downhill when extended causing couch, table, and fridge to follow the same slope so I think there is a problem. I just don't know if it can be adjusted or it is something I just have to live with. I'll give the dealer a call.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The slide will have some slope outside, but everything inside should be level with the rest of the interior. Sounds to me like you have something out of wack !!!

hopefully the pictures will helps us help you.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

wdk450

We don't know what brand of slideout mechanism you have on this slide. Note that some rigs have slideout mechanisms from more than 1 manufacturer. Heartland does not MAKE slideout mechanisms: it buys them from vendors. There is a lof of info in the Heartland Owners.org library. Just click on the "Tools" tab at the top of any forum page, then the "Manuals" choice, then on through the submenu choices to the document you need.

I found that my big living room slide was seriously out of adjustment yesterday due to loose vertical mounting bolts/nuts. To see what i did on my Lippert Hydraulic slide see page 17 of this manual: http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...ippert Hydraulic-Slide-out-Service-Manual.pdf

I actually had to get a hydraulic jack and strong wooden extension board to lift the side of the slide to the the attaching plates back into proper alignment, friction tighten the bolts/nuts, then lower the slide down onto the adjusting bolt, and finally hard tighten the 2 nuts. See pictures on page 17 of manual cited.

For more info you should contact Heartland Service and or Lippert service. Always have your VIN ready when contacting either of these service departments. Phone numbers are on the portal page of this forum, left side.

geolink

We don't know what brand of slideout mechanism you have on this slide. Note that some rigs have slideout mechanisms from more than 1 manufacturer. Heartland does not MAKE slideout mechanisms: it buys them from vendors. There is a lof of info in the Heartland Owners.org library. Just click on the "Tools" tab at the top of any forum page, then the "Manuals" choice, then on through the submenu choices to the document you need.

I found that my big living room slide was seriously out of adjustment yesterday due to loose vertical mounting bolts/nuts. To see what i did on my Lippert Hydraulic slide see page 17 of this manual: http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...ippert Hydraulic-Slide-out-Service-Manual.pdf

I actually had to get a hydraulic jack and strong wooden extension board to lift the side of the slide to the the attaching plates back into proper alignment, friction tighten the bolts/nuts, then lower the slide down onto the adjusting bolt, and finally hard tighten the 2 nuts. See pictures on page 17 of manual cited.

For more info you should contact Heartland Service and or Lippert service. Always have your VIN ready when contacting either of these service departments. Phone numbers are on the portal page of this forum, left side.

Bill, I appreciate that good information. I'm still trying to find my way around this forum. George

Daley07

Installing slide-outs is a wise choice for RVers who want to extend the width of a class A motorhome. The majority of ordinary fifth-wheel RVs are 8 to 8.5 feet wide. The industry norm is 8 feet. However, some of the bigger versions require more. Still, the width of the slides in a fifth wheel is similar to those in a class A motorhome, which is 3 feet wide at maximum.

Last edited: