Slide Out Seal Came Loose

I have a 27RKS but I think this is a generic question. On top of my slide out a rubber seal has come loose. It's U-shape and it looks like it should fit into a bracket of some sort. I've pushed it under the wipe seal but it just comes out every time I open my slide. I've lifted the wipe seal but I don't see anything underneath it that the U-seal should attach to. I'm camping today so I don't have a ladder to take a picture, I'll take one when I get home tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how it should attach? Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since there are a few different seals it would be best to see a pic of the style of seal that you have.
You might just need a little adhesive or a new seal.
Post that pic tomorrow, someone will have an answer for you.

Peace
Dave

Re: Slide Out Seal Came Loose, Pics

We came home from our camping trip and I was able to take a picture of the seal. Here it is:

IMG_5117.jpg

Anyone know how this attaches to the body of the RV so that it doesn't come out every time I open the slide out?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That should slide into a two channel track.
Usually the manufacturer will put a screw through, under the bulb, to hold it in place. Look for the screws.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to tell from the photo but it kinda looks like that bulb seal may broken loose from the base that slides onto a track.
Can you tell if that's the case?
It would be right above the wiper seal.

Peace
Dave

paleclaire

Mine stays in the track, but when driving it wiggles its way down the track and out. Even tore where the screws are. Am thinking my slide bounces too much while hauling.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk