Slide out seal replacement

worradr

I have a 2009 Landmark Pinehurst 5th wheel. Can anyone give me details, videos and information regarding the slide out seal replacement on the kitchen/entertainment slide?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Can you describe the seal a bit? Wiper seal, bulb seal, wiper attached to a plastic channel, stick on?
Many here have replaced their seals. I have two different seal on order right now and will be replacing the old as soon as the new arrive.

Peace
Dave

david-steph2018

If you are looking for a replacement there is a link on this forum:
go to "tools"
go to "Heartland Owners Manuals"
go to " Manufacturers Catalog and Collections"
go to "Steele RV Weatherstripping"

worradr

I wish I could describe the seal but our RV is in NY state and we're in AZ now for the winter. Until I take this apart it would be hard to know what I have. I was hoping someone with the same rig could help me with the exact replacement part numbers. I've been to Steele RV Weatherstripping, they have several many choices which doesn't help me at all, nothing specific. Heartland customer service only has details back to 2010 for the OEM replacement seal part numbers, so I'm reaching out to the Heartland Owners for H E L P! if anyone has replaced their slide seal themself on a 2009 Landmark Pinehurst PLEASE let me know what you ordered to do this job. Thank you.

Bobby A

Well, I have a 2010 Bighorn, its the exact floorplan as the Pinehurst. We still love our unit and the floorplan. I have replaced several seals. The D seal slides into a track, very easy to swap out. There is two screws holding it in place, one at the top and one at the bottom. If you need to replace the sweep you will have to remove the track that holds the D seal in place and then the sweep is held on with double sided tape attached to the Sweep. The hardest part was to clean all the old tape off the previous sweep. You will get the idea when you tear into it. Its not hard. Unfortunately, I am not at my rig where all my paper work is located. I think the D seal is a 1 inch and I think the sweep is considered a 2 inch but don't quote me on that. Maybe its a 3 inch sweep, not sure. Hopefully this helps a little. Now that I think about it, the sweep has the track built into it that holds the D seal. Again, you will get the idea when you start tearing into it.

worradr

Thanks for your reply Bobby. If you happen to view your paperwork the part numbers for these would be very beneficial. It sounds very much like our seal arrangement, although I haven't taken anything apart to know for sure. The D seal IS in front of the sweep, I actually thought it may be one piece. As I envision the arrangement, if part of the sweep is behind the D seal the sweep may very well be 3 inches. At any rate, your description is helpful and the part numbers would be icing on the cake. Thanks.

Bobby A

Thanks for your reply Bobby. If you happen to view your paperwork the part numbers for these would be very beneficial. It sounds very much like our seal arrangement, although I haven't taken anything apart to know for sure. The D seal IS in front of the sweep, I actually thought it may be one piece. As I envision the arrangement, if part of the sweep is behind the D seal the sweep may very well be 3 inches. At any rate, your description is helpful and the part numbers would be icing on the cake. Thanks.
Glad I could help somewhat, maybe someone will chime in with part numbers, I am 1200 miles away from my paperwork and will not get to them till spring. I am sure yours would be exactly like my set up. Once you start taking your apart you may be able to do a internet search for RV rubber seals. I think thats how I found mine. I know for sure I did NOT order through Heartland. I think one of the companys I used was PPL Motor homes out of Texas.