Slide out water damage

I have a 2017 325 torque and I have water damage to the floors of 2 out of 3 slides. Anyone else having this issue with heartland slideouts. Appears they didn't seal the trim good at the factory so rain water is getting into the floor and rotting it.
UPDATE I had Walnut Ridge replace both floors at a cost of $6000.00 they did an excellent job for alot less than any place else I had quote. They quoted exactly what I was charged.

Last edited:

david-steph2018

Sorry to hear about the issues. To repair, you probably will need to remove the slides, so you can get to the bottoms to do the repairs.

Dahillbilly

I have a 2017 325 torque and I have water damage to the floors of 2 out of 3 slides. Anyone else having this issue with heartland slideouts. Appears they didn't seal the trim good at the factory so rain water is getting into the floor and rotting it.
Hae a 2018 327 Torque no problems with flooring yet. Did have windows leaking these were replaced or resealed under warranty

Routemaster

It seems strange to me I have rotted at the bottom corner and there is no cap at the top of the "T"-rail look up there and see if you can see a gap I filled mine in.
I found that the floor line trim was quite solid with Butyl tape.

Attachments

• Ski4.JPG
    Ski4.JPG
    763.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Trail top.JPG
    Trail top.JPG
    530.5 KB · Views: 42

LBR

Our 2017 CY bedroom slide had the same thing happen. I repaired it without removing the slide easily by re-gluing both bad sides, then attached an aluminum plate under the entire floor with new lower trim pieces and sealed them up. Was an easy project....just took time for the glue to setup.

sengli

Water runs down the side of the slide, and is supposed to drip off at the bottom edge of the slides. What seems to happen is the water runs down the to the bottom edge and, instead of dripping off.... it wicks around the corner and into the edge of the plywood flooring.

MCJ

Recently replaced a section of flooring on our 2012 Prowler slide out. Similar to the picture above, the black plastic “cap” had broken and was causing water to seep into the wood. The exterior corner was rotted, and the interior pressed wood molding was absorbing the moisture and swelling.

I was able to replace just a section of the floor and waterproof the outside using zip roofing tape. I did not need to remove the slide, but I did need to add a layer of ply in the interior in order to mate the two pieces as there was no supports at the seam. Took a weekend to do.

Last edited:

Nina9ah

We also had this issue with our 2019 Fuel 352. The dealer wanted $5000 to replace the damage in the living room floor caused by the faulty slideout seal. We decided to do the repairs ourselves and it's a good thing we did. There was barely any support under the vinyl & OSB flooring. The OSB was all sawdust from the moisture getting in and they didn't use hardly any cross-support beams. I get that they try to build these campers to be light but seriously! We beefed up the support and installed new actual plywood & upgraded flooring. Now we just need to find the right seals to put back on.

david-steph2018

We also had this issue with our 2019 Fuel 352. The dealer wanted $5000 to replace the damage in the living room floor caused by the faulty slideout seal. We decided to do the repairs ourselves and it's a good thing we did. There was barely any support under the vinyl & OSB flooring. The OSB was all sawdust from the moisture getting in and they didn't use hardly any cross-support beams. I get that they try to build these campers to be light but seriously! We beefed up the support and installed new actual plywood & upgraded flooring. Now we just need to find the right seals to put back on.
Under the "TOOLS" tab is this:

LBR

What is causing this bow?
Our '17 CY dinette wall does that a little bit also (not as much as yours). It had caught my attention one day and after monitoring it for another year or so...seeing that it never got any worse, I then directed my attention to other minor trailer issues...lol.

I have cast the issue off to a couple of thoughts:

1) Siding LxW was cut to fit exact/perfect framing tolerances at factory with NO room for expansion.....then when siding expands with outdoor heat with no expansion room, it has to buckle.

2) Same scenerio as #1 above, only instead of heat causing buckle....it is the slide framework getting ever-so- slightly out of perfectly square from regular usage/jarring from our less-than-perfect roads of today. Framework tweaks a tiny bit out of square...siding then buckles.

Routemaster

Do I have to live with it or whom might I see to fix it, it is not the only slide wall I have like it.
Den.

LBR

Do I have to live with it or whom might I see to fix it, it is not the only slide wall I have like it.
Den.
Have you taken your straight edge first thing in morning/when it is the coldest.....then in late afternoon when it is the hottest, and compared the 2 "bows"?