Slide out water leak

rawilburn

I saw a little bit of wood rot under the main slide out on the door side and put some water proof tape to help divert the water but I guess it didn't work because now the carpet under where the table and chairs go is wet. Does this mean ripping up the carpet and replacing the flooring or is it something that can be done from the outside?

Thanks Rex

TrailCreek

We just had a similar problem. Had to have the slide removed and a new floor installed. Be ware of anyone suggesting a plywood patch, or a plywood sandwich replacement floor. There are many forces on a slide out and maintaining the diaphram is very important. It was easy to get the 1" thick floor with the undercoat from Heartland. Not much more than plywood.

Montana Mac

rawilburn

We just had a similar problem. Had to have the slide removed and a new floor installed. Be ware of anyone suggesting a plywood patch, or a plywood sandwich replacement floor. There are many forces on a slide out and maintaining the diaphram is very important. It was easy to get the 1" thick floor with the undercoat from Heartland. Not much more than plywood.

Montana Mac

Okay thanks. I'll try to contact Heartland about the floor.

Bob.jr

Last year I had to replace the bedroom slideout floor.
I used 1" thick pvc. And recaulked everything.
If it ever leaks again, the floor will not ever rot again.

rawilburn

Last year I had to replace the bedroom slideout floor.
I used 1" thick pvc. And recaulked everything.
If it ever leaks again, the floor will not ever rot again.

Where were you able to fine 1in. PVC? Now that sounds like a plan.

Bob.jr

Home Depot sells 1/2" x 4' x 8' sheets of pvc I bought 2 and laminated them together with 3M spray adhesive made for doing that. I then cut it to the size I needed.
That pvc is a little expensive. About $65.00 per sheet. But it will last longer than this camper.