Slide outs not working

4ever

What am I doing wrong? On Saturday my slide outs were working just fine. We opened them and loaded some items for our upcoming trip leaving this weekend and then closed them back up. Just now I went to open them again and nothing. I hit the switch for extend and retract and nothing happens. The pump does not come on at all. I have checked the following.

- Have power for all other 12 volt items in the unit.
- I tried the second switch that is in the compartment with the pump.
- All three valves on the pump are in the correct position.
- I have checked and replaced the 12 volt fuses.
- All circuit breakers are in the on position.

Any ideas on what I am overlooking? And can the cold temps be affecting it?

Thanks,

Ted

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
TED, is your battery low?? You may have 12V but not enough amperage to run the pump. Next thing to check would be the circuit breakers in the the front storage area. They are resettable. They will trip if the switch is held tooo long. Dont ask. Bob:D

4ever

Bob, Where are the circuit breakers located in the front compartment? I do see anything their.

Ted

rick_debbie_gallant

Are all of your connections good and tight? Chance that the cold weather has caused some contraction. Check the solenoid as well and the grounds

jnbhobe

Follow the + cable from the battery or from the pump, In the line you will find a circuit breaker look for a reset button on the breaker ( Its well hidden) Try that first. The breakers sould be in the battery compartment

4ever

Thanks everyone for your assistance. I checked in the compartment and can not find any circuit breaker. My pump is above the battery in the same compartment. Followed the wires and they have nothing attached to them. They go from the wire blocks up to the pump. I do have another switch next to the pump that I have used before to operate the slides. Tried that one and nothing. I do have 110 volt. going to the trailer and all other items work. Even tried the front landing gear and that still works. The connections all seem to be tight. I can check better tomorrow in the daylight. Getting tough out there now with only flashlight.

Thanks

Ted

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Are you sure the wire blocks you speak of aren't the circuit breakers ?????

If they've got red plastic caps on them, that be them. These are not standard looking circuit breakers, like in the cabinet inside the trailer.

Mariposa

Breakers

Under the red plastic caps are the resets. run your finger under the wire block area and you can feel the resets buttons. Probably can't see them. Just fell them. You will feel the one that is out. Push it in and things should work. We have ours trip off a few times.
Bob

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This is the same one that some folks have had to upgrade from a 50A to 80A breaker (per Lippert) to get past repeated tripping.

RoadJunkie

Recycle your breakers. Sometimes when breakers "trip" it can be difficult to discern based on their physical appearance or position.

jnbhobe

The slideouts run on 12V breakers in the battery compartment. The breakers inside the coach are 110V and have nothing to do with the slideouts.

truknutt

Committed Member
I swear there was a photo posted showing their location and what they look like. I can't find it now.

4ever

YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST!!

Thank you all for your assistance. After reading all the posts I went back out to the unit and checked by the red caps. Almost gave up until I noticed something sticking out on the side of the block. There it was! Pshed the button in and now everything is fine. I will now sleep good tonite. This was really beginning to drive me crazy. Of course this happens only six days before we are leaving for Florida and a few days before Christmas. I thought for sure I would be doing some last minute scrambling.

I go on this forum several times a day since I purchased my Bighorn back in April. I have learned so much just reading the posts each day. A few times I have contributed and I hope that I have been some help to someone as all have you have helped me today.

Thanks again.

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ted

jnbhobe

Hey Ted; If you keep having problems there are two fixes I know of, One is to change to a 80 amp breaker and the keystone fix was to put two 50 amp breakers in paralell. JON

lwmcguir

I have found they tend to trip if the battery voltage is less than 12.5. The heavier breakers are a good fix.

geeksrus

I have found they tend to trip if the battery voltage is less than 12.5. The heavier breakers are a good fix.

If these breakers trip, do they automatically reset?

When we retract our 3 slides, the last/largest occasionally stops & we get a 'clicking sound'. We stop pressing the switch for 3 or 4 seconds, then press the switch & it continues a bit before stopping again, etc.

Wondering if this is a battery problem, hydraulic pump problem or perhaps these breakers are tripping. Any advice?

Eh!

boatdoc

Yes, some curcuit breakers that look like these are auto reset but that normally takes a little longer than 4-5 seconds. You may have a dirty connection at the solonoid by the electric motor that runs the pump if it stops and starts like you say. The clicking may be the solonoid opening and closing when it gets a little warm from running the big slide.
I'd take the big power wires off the solonoid and clean them up, reposition them and make sure they're good and tight. You can work them live just don't let them touch anything when you have them off. Do them one at a time.
You may also jump the big posts and see if this does the same thing as the switch. If so, than the solonoid is fine and you may have a problem with the electric motor when warm.
Good luck