Slide Seal Positioning Bars

RossRagan

Hi...new to forum and soon to be new to RVing as I am in the process of purchasing a 2014 Heartland travel trailer. I've been doing research in advance of taking possession of the trailer and noticed that new versions of the unit that I am buying has small vertical plastic bars top and bottom of each side of the slide. The purpose of these plastic bars, I understand, is to catch the seal on the way out and insure that the seals are properly positioned to prevent water ingress; which seems to me to be a response to problems some owners may have experienced previously. Since the 2014 model does not have these, I was wondering if there is someplace online where I could order them so that I can install them on the unit I am purchasing.

jimtoo

Hi RossRagan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club, it’s free now. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

I'm sure you will get some suggestions from our other members soon, my unit does not have anything on the slides, but I have seen some that do. I think some have laid a bead of sealer. I'm sure you will get more suggestions soon.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

danemayer

Hi RossRagan,

There's mixed opinion on the effectiveness of Slideout Seal Flippers, but you can probably get some from Heartland. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
My 2011 does not have them and all it takes is a visual check and flip them out if needed....................that's if I remember.
Never been an issue and I would not be too concerned about not having the flippers.

Peace
Dave

RossRagan

Hi RossRagan,

There's mixed opinion on the effectiveness of Slideout Seal Flippers, but you can probably get some from Heartland. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Dane, thanks for the response. I actually cancelled the purchase of the 2104 unit because I discovered it has some siding delamination, apparently the result of water damage from water leaking in around one of the windows. I have instead put down a deposit on a 2018 Heartland Mallard unit of similar size so it should already have the flippers (assuming Heartland uses them on the Mallard models).