Slide Wiper Seal Replacement

RVFun4Us

For those of us that have slide toppers, what is the best way to replace the wiper seals. The seals are good except for where the top and side seals meet at the glued corners. They are torn there and one corner when slide out still leaves part of the seal inside the slide. Can anyone tell me how these wiper seals are installed (by tape, screws, ?) The bulb seal seems easy to replace with just taking out a screw at the bottom and sliding it out. But the wiper seals seem more of a challenge, complicated by the slide toppers. Any help appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I deleted your duplicate post that you had in the North Trail forum .

Peace
Dave

RVFun4Us

For those of us that have slide toppers, what is the best way to replace the wiper seals. The seals are good except for where the top and side seals meet at the glued corners. They are torn there and one corner when slide out still leaves part of the seal inside the slide. Can anyone tell me how these wiper seals are installed (by tape, screws, ?) The bulb seal seems easy to replace with just taking out a screw at the bottom and sliding it out. But the wiper seals seem more of a challenge, complicated by the slide toppers. Any help appreciated.

Will the Slide Toppers have to be removed in order to replace the wiper seal on top? The seal itself is OK under the topper since it has been protected since day 1. However, the corners where they connect with the side wiper seals and glued are where the tearing is happening. Thinking about just trying to repair the corners somehow without replacing the whole seal. What do you think?

danemayer

If your slide toppers are original, depending on usage, you may be replacing the fabric in another year or two. It's easy to replace the seal at that time.