Slideout Awnings

Westwind

I need to get to the center of my bedroom slide to work on the slide gaskets which has come loose. BUT - the slideout awning is keeping me from getting to it. Is there a way that I can extend the slide and awning, then lock the awning in place so I can undo the slide awning from the channel to get to the slide gasket.
OR any other suggestions will be kindly received!

danemayer

Not too hard to remove the fabric. It helps to have 2 people because you have to wind up the roller which is under a lot of spring tension. Here's a link to a page that has some videos linked showing replacement techniques.

sjandbj

I have pulled off several to replace the fabric over the years. I found that you don't need to open the slide very far this way it will remove some of the tension.

jnbhobe

I did one of mine this week. I run the slide out, pinned it in place, run the slide 1/2 way back in then pulled the screws on the ends of the hex bars and slid the awning to one side till it was off the hex bar then the other way till it was off the other side. Then just set it on the roof. works best with two people.

Westwind

Thanks for the suggestions - I have lots of small jobs to do on the trailer this year. #I is pull and lube the bearings. The bedroom slide has started to pull out of the track and the kitchen also and the list gets longer.