Slides being square to rv

Piperflyer

With the slides of my RV open there is a difference in length from front to back of the slide being opened when you measure the edge of the slide to the rv. Otherwise, the slide is not square to the rv when opened. Would it be in my best interest to adjust the slide to be square upon opening and closing? I am talking about a 1/2" of difference. Slides seem to work fine now

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Is that gap off the same amount on the inside also ??
If so I would put it out then go underneath and Mark the alignment gears with a sharpie, the spline rail and the gear where they meet. Just for a reference.
Figure out what gear you want to move. I would move the gear opposite of the ram.
Jack up the slide to take the weight off. Then remove the outer cross bolt holding the gear assembly on and then use the switch to pull in the the slide so they​ both match.
Once you have both sides matching, with a tape measure on both sides in the same place...
Put it back together and double check the measurements.

That's what I would do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Resiemon

If it's only a half inch and the slide works fine,I would not mess with it at all.

R E Siemon 2015 BH 3875 F B with and 2015 F250 Diesel, 4WD, Firestone air bags

Mburtsvt

Before everyone goes out with a tape measure to measure their sides...... that sound about right.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If it's only a half inch and the slide works fine,I would not mess with it at all.

I agree as long as the inner D seal is touching all the way around. If you can see a gap on one side then I would adjust.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Ours are gapped the same way. They open and close without issue and seal all the way around. We have had driving rain on all sides and none came in so I am guessing they are adjusted correctly.

donr827

That's what my mechanic told me. If it is not leaking the seals are probably set.
Don