Slides slipping!

RottsNScotts

Hi All! Staying tonight at 7 Feathers! You are all right, it is beautiful and staff is great!

So, my issue...as I am driving down the highway, when negotiating curvy parts of the highway, both the kitchen and living room slides in my 2015 Cyclone 4114 start sliding open, starting at the bottom!

Now that I am aware of it, they do not get too far as I am watching them and, if they come out, I stop and retract them again.

What can I do????

They did this once before and I advised the service guy working on my RV. He looked at it but did not see anything amiss. It did not do it again until today, of course, as I am on my way to CA and AZ for the winter!

Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've had that happen to me. The problem was an internal leak in one of he hydraulic cylinders that operate the slide.
You can, or have your repair guy, read the trouble shooting info found on page 7 of this document found in our Tools section.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

You might think of rigging some ratchet straps on the underside of the slides until you can get to a repair facility.

RottsNScotts

You might think of rigging some ratchet straps on the underside of the slides until you can get to a repair facility.

Thanks for the idea!

I am on the road from WA to CA so won't get to see my usual guy but scheduled an appointment with a highly rated shop in Lodi, CA.

AND, because it is always something, they are also going to have to repair my "front" steps as one side had the bolt shear off! :-O Having them price the Glowsteps for me...In the meantime, using the garage to enter!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Thanks for the idea!

I am on the road from WA to CA so won't get to see my usual guy but scheduled an appointment with a highly rated shop in Lodi, CA.

AND, because it is always something, they are also going to have to repair my "front" steps as one side had the bolt shear off! :-O Having them price the Glowsteps for me...In the meantime, using the garage to enter!

Starkey's repair in Ripon CA is a GREAT place! He is super honest, has good rates and will not let your rig set during an appointment time. I highly recommend him!

984 Goodwin Dr
Ripon, CA 95366
Phone number(209) 505-4834

Rod

RottsNScotts

Starkey's repair in Ripon CA is a GREAT place! He is super honest, has good rates and will not let your rig set during an appointment time. I highly recommend him!

984 Goodwin Dr
Ripon, CA 95366
Phone number(209) 505-4834

Rod

Thanks Rod! Ripon is much closer to where I will be and I always prefer a personal recommendation! I will give them a call today!

RottsNScotts

Tell Phil Starkey that I sent you!

Rod

Had my first visit at Starkey's! Super nice folks and I passed your greetings onto Phil!

Go back in on the 16th for the repairs, slides investigation and step replacement. Am taking your suggestion and getting the Glowsteps. Came up with the idea to put the garage steps on the broken "front" door steps since I rarely use them then putting the Glowsteps to the garage since that is the door I use the most and the one I take the furkids through...Phil said it would work!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Had my first visit at Starkey's! Super nice folks and I passed your greetings onto Phil!

Go back in on the 16th for the repairs, slides investigation and step replacement. Am taking your suggestion and getting the Glowsteps. Came up with the idea to put the garage steps on the broken "front" door steps since I rarely use them then putting the Glowsteps to the garage since that is the door I use the most and the one I take the furkids through...Phil said it would work!

Awesome!!!