Sliding Glass Door

Ladiver

Has anyone ever attempted to reverse the sliding glass door on their trailer? We have ordered the 3100, and just saw that the sliding glass door opens from the outside in. I would like the door opening to be in the center of the trailer, rather than on the outer edge. With the pop-out in, I am not sure it we would be able to use the sliding glass door. But if the door were reversed, there would be no problem.

Thanks,

Jeff

FiremanBill

Haven't tried it on our 3110 but can confirm you can't use it with the slide out in. I will be interested to see if anyone has done this as well. I would love to be able to do it as well

rjwarre

Jeff,

You should be able to lift the slider out of its track. Turn it 180 inside out and reverse the latching hardware. The stationary door you will notice is held in place with some screws and L brackets. remove the screws and it should lift out of the track like the slider. Turn it 180 also reinsert and reattach. put the slider back in the track and you should be good to go. I did this several years ago on my stick built.

Good Luck!

I'm looking at the 3100 as well. I was bummed to notice the sliding glass door. I also noticed that you cant get into the front bedroom with the slide in either...

Ladiver

Well, I have found the solution!! Heartland is using Kinro sliding glass doors.

SERIES 7500 ALUMINUM SLIDING GLASS DOOR
REVERSING THE PANELS FOR OPPOSITE HANDED DOOR
(OX to XO or XO to OX)

Remove screen door, moving panel and fixed panel from door (To remove fixed panel unscrew both
the angle brackets at top and bottom of fixed meeting rail and both the panel retention brackets
mounted on fixed side frame jamb).

A. Fixed Panel Re-installation
a) Slide the pile weatherseal in frame head and sill to opposite end where the panel is to be reinstalled.
b) Swing fixed panel upside down. Now insert top of panel back into frame head track at the
opposite end and swing down into frame sill track until rests properly down.
c) Slide panel into opposite fixed side frame jamb making sure it is fully nested in the frame jamb.
d) Re-secure both the angle brackets * and retention brackets.

Note: * Caulk around the screw heads and also seal the unused holes in frame sill and head.

B. Moving Panel Re-installation
a) Remove and re-install both the roller housing assemblies in opposite rail by turning the panel
upside down.
b) Re-insert top of panel into frame head track and swing down into frame sill track.
c) When a keyed lock is used, make sure the keyed cylinder is rotated 180 degree, after the lock
handle set is dis-mounted, so that the pins are always at the top (in other words, the key is
inserted with the serrated part of the key is facing up). Re-mount the lock handle set.
d) Re-adjust rollers, by repeating Step 9 above of the Installation Instructions.
e) Re-install snugger bumper on the opposite frame jamb through the pre-drilled holes provided.
f) Re-install panel stop bumpers at opposite ends.

C. Screen Door Re-installation
a) Remove screen door keeper and re-install on opposite frame jamb using the pre-punched holes
provided.
b) Swing screen door upside down. Now insert top of screen door into frame Head track at the
opposite end and swing down over frame sill track making sure the rollers are properly riding on
the track.
c) Re-adjust rollers, as necessary, with a Philips head screw driver.

View attachment Kinro 7500.pdf

Last edited:

Ladiver

FiremanBill, just a word of caution. Heartland will not do this conversion because they say the handles may scratch or dent the refrigerator door. We got the single door fridge and it is only 2 of us, so I think I will be doing this mod.

porthole

Retired
I also noticed that you cant get into the front bedroom with the slide in either...

Can't get into the 3010 either, but the bedroom slide moves first and if we have to get around the bed, 6-10" out give us enough room to move all around. Overall access to the rest of the trialer is one of the reasons why we chose the Cyclone over other brands.

FiremanBill

FiremanBill, just a word of caution. Heartland will not do this conversion because they say the handles may scratch or dent the refrigerator door. We got the single door fridge and it is only 2 of us, so I think I will be doing this mod.

Same here, just the tow of us. I think a pool noodle or something on the handle would suffice to keep if from scratching the fridge. Just got back from the Virginia rally and will probably go ahead and do it soon. Only problem I can see is that the side that doesn't open now is where the bunk ladder goes for the loft. If I reverse it the door opening would be blocked when the ladder is up. But with just the two of us that is no biggie either.

Ladiver

FiremanBill,
Have you attempted this yet! I am in the process. I have all screws removed, the screen is out, I can almost get the sliding door out, but I need the fixed door out first. Problem is that the fixed panel does not budge. I went all around and I wonder if they used an adhesive on the wall side to keep the fixed panel in place. Looks like a call to Heartland may be in order.

Jeff

FiremanBill

I have not done it yet. Trailer has been at the storage lot since the Virginia Rally. Taking it home this weekend to get ready for our July 4th trip to Misty Mountain. I am going to try it this wekend. Will let you know what I find.

thirdtimeround

I have done this to my 2014 3110, 2 weeks ago. Very easy and no parts to buy. Only had to re-drill two of the fixed panel door glass ,corner track bracket holes. Take the wheels off the bottom of the sliding panel and ,put them on the top of the door ,flip the door over and put it back in the ( same track ). You do nothing to he handles and locks. You can still go thru the entry (center) with the ladder up, just move the ladder to the left a bit. I also moved he curtain to the corner. Mike

thirdtimeround

Where the fixed glass panel meets the door frame there are 3 or so small little stops that need to be removed. Also at the top and bottom of the fixed panel in the track are 2 corner braces ,remove those and slide the panel over and out. Mike

centerline

I moved into a new house last month and the sliding glass door to the deck is sticky. My last house being a brand new house, the sliding door was butter smooth and could easily be opened and closed with one hand. This one is just stubborn. What can I do to make it slide easier other than replacing it?
you post questions about your HOUSE... this is a BOAT forum, and EVERYTHING is different on boats than what you will find in your house... so any answers you find here may not be relevant to you, because your residential questions arent relevant to the boating world.....