Sliding Glass door

AEHamp60

We bought our first Heartland RV after owning a HR. Our 2013 Cyclone has held up so far, just a few issues. 1) sliding glass door frame is out of alignment. We noticed this when we took delivery and it was supposedly repaired. We have been on a 3 month trip and 3 weeks into it, it popped out of alignment. We will have it looked at when we return as we have to use a towel to block the cold air. Anyone else experience this problem? 2) Cabinet space, no pantry and under the sink on the side of the slide, a lot of space for cold air. (Kitchen sink froze once) I had to put some insulation between the slide and the kitchen drawers. I also found others post that this unit is actually 40'2"? The brochure state that it's length is 38'2". I will break out my measuring stick. My tow vehicle is a 2009 GMC 2500 HD short bed.

We really enjoy this unit and hope that the Glass door will be repaired without further incident.

jderhard

I have a 4100 King...the door has come out of alignment every time I have driven it down the road so far. Something isn't right!

4100 king. Ours only falls off the track if you use it. It is a cheap door, I'm not sure it will ever be right. Haven't had time to take it back to the dealer, I'm making a list of all the things they will need to fix.

TXTiger

I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014 and have not had any problems with my sliding glass door, however the screen won't slide and is always stuck in the open position.

thirdtimeround

AE ,that was me ,I'm in the process of adding a 2' addition to my garage because of bad information. A 2014 3110 is 40-4'' overall. Regarding the sliding door ,I too had problems. Today I took the whole door apart and made it open from the center. It's better with the motorcycle tied down and the washer /dryer to get in and out. Still plenty of room for the kitchen bunk bed ladder. It should be better for air circulation as well . It's a cheap door for sure but with some adjustments it can be made to work. It's just a phillip's head screwdriver to make adjustments. Most of the problem is the doors are sitting to high on just the rollers. Adjust the door down so that the door is on the track more or you feel it scraping, then adjust up a hair. Mike

remoandiris

Since my 3rd trip out, my sliding door has been out of alignment. IMO it is the nature of the poorly built beast that is a Heartland Cyclone. I added it to the list of reasons I will never buy a HL product again. At least I can latch the door so it doesn't move when traveling.

AEHamp60

That sounds like a good idea flipping that door around. My problem, is that frame actually square? If not, I might still have that same issue. Please keep me posted on how that works out for you. I really like that idea though. Did you have to buy a whole new glass door? Mine is being repair now so if it doesn't work this time, I will look into flipping that door. Thanks Tony

thirdtimeround

Hey Tony, it was fairly straight forward. I "did not" have to buy 1 new part! It's not that the door is out square as much as the sides were not shimmed in enough. It even looks right. Makes sense for me as my wife was having a tuff time climbing past the Harley with a clothes basket to get to the washer/dryer. But I'm hoping air circulation will be better ( poor AC in garage) my thought is to use a pedestal type fan to help. Oh and that curtain is off to entry door side out of the way. Do it ! I'll guide you ,with pictures. Mike

porthole

Retired
What kind of alignment issues are you seeing? Frame or door? And what is happening.

No doubt the door is a "builder" quality door, but we have not had any issues with it since day one. The screen is tight, but I'm guessing that is to keep it from moving too easily. I ended up adding a bolt and two nuts near the top to get an extra pull tab. That helped a lot.

porthole

Retired
Today I took the whole door apart and made it open from the center. It's better with the motorcycle tied down and the washer /dryer to get in and out.

Are you saying the part that slides is behind the couch when the couch slide is in?

I think I might have it now. On the 3010 the patio door is on the ODS and on the 3110 it appears to be on the DS. So when your galley slide is in the slide portion is blocked, correct?

thirdtimeround

Hi Duane , I have Cyclone 3110. So when my slides were in you were denied access to the garage from the living room, yes the door would be behind the frig wall slide out. The real reason I did this also is the sliding door handle would hit the slide wall trim. The 1st time it happened (coming home from the dealer)there was a loud bang and the door glass shook and the slide trim popped and my wife and I looked at one another in disbelief ! How the glass did not shatter ,I don't know? I asked the factory If they had a smaller handle they did not. I found nothing locally either. So we had a system where I'd wiggle thru to the slider and guide it while the wife worked the slide button. Yes,This was for in and out. Now there are no issues and the handle is easily accessible from the couch slide. Just seems better all around to have access/air/looks nicer from the center. Hope this helps, Mike

AEHamp60

Hey Mike, I will take you up on that when I get my unit back. We also feel that it will work out better opening from the center. Thanks a lot.

AEHamp60

Hi Mike,

I upgraded to the 4100 B Cyclone. It also has the sliding glass door, but it looks in a LOT BETTER shape then the other one we had. How do you make adjustments to the rollers on them when needed? Please forward pictures as well as how to and where? Not having any troubles, just wanting information if issues arise. Thanks you any assistance you may have.