Smoke from LED lighting

dgano1147

We have a 2015 edge357. We turned on the LED lighting strip above the sofa. Few minutes later we smelled rubber burning and started looking around and saw smoke coming out from the ceiling and a burnt mark on the ceiling. We turned off the light switch. We were really upset about it because our dogs could have been burned up in the camper while we were gone. Has anyone ever have this happen before?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I don't know what caused it...but...I would call HL service ASAP and discuss it with them. Takes some pix so you can email to HL and have your VIN# handy.

OBX_Raineys

The LED shouldn't put off enough heat to cause that problem. That doesn't mean that the electrical source leading to the strip may not be the culprit. Hopefully you can isolate the issue and have it corrected for your safety.

dgano1147

Thank you. We called heartland and are going home tomorrow. The LED light rope still lights up. But it was burning something up there. Now we have a major water leak.

Bones

Thank you. We called heartland and are going home tomorrow. The LED light rope still lights up. But it was burning something up there. Now we have a major water leak.

a water leak from the lights or this is a new issue. Do you know where the leak is?

dgano1147

Coming from the ref. We have household ref side by side with ice maker. Cannot use the holding tank because when we turn on pump. Water comes rushing out of camper. Just a mess for a 2015 camper.

Bones

Coming from the ref. We have household ref side by side with ice maker. Cannot use the holding tank because when we turn on pump. Water comes rushing out of camper. Just a mess for a 2015 camper.

So water only comes out when you run the water pump? How about when you have city water hooked up? Can you shut the water supply off the the refrigerator?

dgano1147

Cannot cut water off from ref. Pours like crazy with city water and yes water Pours outhouse with pump on. Water supply line under ref. We think.

dgano1147

It comes out hooked to city or on the pump. Think it's coming from supply line under the ref. Water Pours out from under the slide where the ref. Is in.

danemayer

Cannot cut water off from ref. Pours like crazy with city water and yes water Pours outhouse with pump on. Water supply line under ref. We think.

If it's the ice maker water feed line leaking, there is a cutoff valve. If you shut it off you'll be able to use the water pump or city water. Cutoff valves are probably located in the kitchen, under a cabinet, probably teed off the cold water line to the kitchen sink. There's also a possibility that it could be located behind the UDC.

Bones

I think I have heard many people say there is a 1/4 line under the slide supplying the refrigerator. Go to depot or lowes and get a cheap plastic shut off valve 1/4 inch push to connect. Cut the line under the slide and insert the push to connect valve. This way you can use your camper until you can get it fixed or you just fix it yourself.

Bones

Before you do that look under the slide for a shut off valve supplying the refrigerator