Snowbird tax file question....

CPDDet

We are Illinois residents and will be headed for Florida on January 5th. We wont return home until April 20th so we will have to file our Illinois state taxes while on the road.

I was assuming that a local H&R Block in Florida would be able to do this but thought it best to ask around. Any others with experience on filing their state tax return while in Florida?

Dave & Ronna

olcoon

We have gotten our taxes done while out of state in the past, and have made arrangements with our tax guy at home to get them taken care of. Do it by mail, and over the phone & internet.

Lynn1130

I was assuming that a local H&R Block in Florida would be able to do this but thought it best to ask around.

Why not call H&R Block and ask them? That might get you a more accurate answer.

Gary521

We did this last year. We had our mail forwarded so we got all the documents. I do my own taxes with TurboTax.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I actually work for Block and do taxes for people all over the country (most were clients before they moved or travelled) They can do taxes at any Block office for any state although the state may take a couple more days depending on the preparers familiarity with your states taxes. You can also sign into Myblock online and send your documents to your preparer of choice securely. It can all be done without ever going into an office although expect a couple of phone calls. Hope this helps

Piperflyer

For the past few years, all our tax statements are mailed to us at our mail service and then sent to us. Once I have them all, I send them to our tax guy and he does our taxes. If he has any questions he just emails us.
Simple as that

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I haven't file our taxes by April 15th in years. My accountant does a "quick figure" on what I will owe, erroring on the high side, I file an extension request with estimated tax payment and then do my taxes after we get home (usually in May). Because we estimate on the high side to ensure we don't get on IRS's naughty list, we always get a refund back when we finally do pay our taxes. Much less hassle that way.

LBR

I haven't file our taxes by April 15th in years. My accountant does a "quick figure" on what I will owe, erroring on the high side, I file an extension request with estimated tax payment and then do my taxes after we get home (usually in May). Because we estimate on the high side to ensure we don't get on IRS's naughty list, we always get a refund back when we finally do pay our taxes. Much less hassle that way.
X2....same here....been doing extensions the last 12+ years for both personal and business.