So the newer roof construction on big horn?

sengli

So I know about a year or so ago, heartland changed the roof construction from the laminated foam and aluminum, to the built up with roof trusses.... mainly due to the AC venting not working that great. Any feedback on this new roof system? Looking at a new 2018 model big horn, and was wondering what if any issues you all have seen.

Is the AC really a lot quieter?

Pizzaguy

We have a 17 with the new roof. It is noticeably quieter when raining and easier to cool than our 13 with the old roof design. The A/C is much quieter than the old one also. It was a great improvement!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

esscobra

I didn't have a older one to compare in all situations- but I did have notes on summer temps of units on lots -2016 and early 2017s, mine was built early in 2017 and had new roof and cooler when not in use - Sitting in storage- a/c functions well in texas heat on open lot on asphalt at race tracks - was initially thinking I would add a third a/c where ceiling fan was but after a year and half and 2 texas summers I don't think Its needed. I have a 3760el with high ceilings and lots of windows and am happy with cooling . installed sat and very please with amount of insulation in ceiling as well as how cool bedroom is compared to older units

sengli

Thanx for the feedback on the new roofs. When you look up thru the vents, you definitely can see the construction is different than the older laminated design.

SNOKING

Yeah, but you may have to replace the new ironing board style fold down table with an old style standard one. ;););)