Solar to Battery

Oregon_Camper

Are you solar panel in a "suitcase" type of solution, where the controller is mounted to the back of one panel. If so....then connecting to the battery directly is exactly what you should do.

If you have an external controller, I would highly recommend mounting your solar controller on the back wall, then you can route the output from the solar controller to those terminals on the battery box.

Here is my YouTube video on how I setup my 2 portable panels via a Victron MPPT controller.

You should confirm the POS/NEG terminals on the outside are from opposite batteries. Like shown below.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-11 133907.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-11 133907.png
    333.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

DavidH

I am going hunting and only need to keep a charge on the batteries, just a short term backup. There are 2 - 12v deep cycle batteries in parallel. This is a cheap set up, but I have tested it on my boat battery, just wondering if I can connect directly

Oregon_Camper

I am going hunting and only need to keep a charge on the batteries, just a short term backup. There are 2 - 12v deep cycle batteries in parallel. This is a cheap set up, but I have tested it on my boat battery, just wondering if I can connect directly
You will be fine....hook up and enjoy your hunting trip. :)