Solved: Mystery Switch

Hello,

We just brought home our first Heartland camper. It is a 2022 Mallard M251BH.

There are 3 main rocker switches right inside the door. 1st is main interior lights, 2nd awning light, 3rd no clue. I have tried it during night to see if it’s exterior but no luck. I also checked all interior lights if they were overrode manually. I did check exterior outlets and confirmed it is wired.

Any clues to what this switch controls?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2784862C-7D57-4651-8464-F438654C6BF2.jpeg
    2784862C-7D57-4651-8464-F438654C6BF2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Is it the step light? Stand outside and look at your steps. Is there a light in the back of the step box that is controlled by that switch?

Lou_and_Bette

Is there an outside electric receptacle box near one of the awning legs? A similar one on my rig controls the “Awning outlet”

That was it! Was able to pull voltage off the non terminated wires for the Winegaurd Gateway.
I took out that switch and when I disconnected the bottom (off position) the fan for the ac shut off. It doesn't change when I put it on or off. Fan stays on. Not sure why. Nothing changes with the antenna either. I did a channel search with the switch on and off and find same amount of channels. I have better luck with an HD antenna that with the Winegard antenna. I think it's junk IMHO. Place I bought it from doesn't even know

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk