SOLVED: Refrigerator outlet in kitchen slide has no power.

rdmslm

Retracted all slides and pulled out yesterday. We've had no problem with kitchen slide before leaving but upon arrival at home, and connecting up, noticed the refrigerator flashing code "AC no". Checked the plug and no electricity. Bypassed the plug this morning and fridge is working. Any idea as to why retracting the kitchen slide would result in no electricity to the plug?

2013 Bighorn 3610RE

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Refrigerator outlet in kitchen slide has no power.

There are three things that I would check.
First thing would be to check the GFI in the bathroom. Make sure it is not tripped. All outside or wet location receptacles are protected by that GFI.
The next thing would be to check the wiring under the slide. There will be a metal junction box under the slide attached to the frame.
Take a look in there to be sure that when the slide is moving it is not pulling out any wires.
I would also take a look at the receptacle in question to be sure that the wires are still attached.
Come back and let us know what you find.
Oh, and I moved your post to the electrical forum.

Peace
Dave

bd2dabone

That happened to mine. There were crimps on the wire. Apparently too much pressure installing the crimp weakening the strands of wire. This caused corrosion in addition vibration the wire broke right at the sleeve on the crimp. Soldered back together, taped up, then used liquid tape over that to further weatherproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happykraut

I have the same issue with my 2014 3010RE. Had the wiring under the slide replaced by a dealer after the Ishpeming rally. After the repair I asked the technician to run the slide in and back out and the new wiring already had a nick in it. Had to get to the Tenn rally, so no time to get it fixed correctly. Still have the same problem. The copper was showing under the street side slide rear corner.

rdmslm

Checked all places suggested, everything OK. Here 's the rest of the story. I have been living in my 5th wheel for the past year at the job site with no problems,so knowing I was going home, hired an electrican to install a 50 AMP outlet prior to me arriving. Once at home, leveled the trailer and hooked up. That's when I discovered the refrigerator not working on 110 volts. During my analysis, discovered other things were not working. Checked the circuit breaker box and realized only one bank of circuits had electricity. I naturally assumed ( ha,ha) the electrician wired each side with 110v and grounded the common white wire, but silly me, he only wired the plug with 110v so one side had zero volts. I corrected it and now everything is working normally. Thanks for the suggestions on what to check.

priorguy

Was he licensed or an "electrical handy man"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk