Some photos from this past summer

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Cool!

Looks like you guys had some fun with your Trail Runner!

Show us more if you've got 'em!

JohnD

Re: Some photos from this past summer (2014) . . .

Here are some from this summer . . . more later!

EstesPark-IMG_2845.jpg NewTruck&Trailer-IMG_20140828_104506854 (1).jpg EstesParkElk2014-IMGP0732.jpg TruckCamperHomeDepot-IMG_20140828_132314121.jpg NewTruckTrailerLevel-IMG_20140918_130913251.jpg TruckTopper-IMG_20141004_142131159.jpg Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg TrucksCampersHomeDepot-IMG_20140828_131846186.jpg

DonnyB007

Cool!

Looks like you guys had some fun with your Trail Runner!

Show us more if you've got 'em!

We don't have a pop-out on our Trail Runner and after several months of living in our trailer, we can definitely appreciate the advantage. But we are both retired and with our budget that was the best we could do. What we really love though is being on the road seeing so many things, friends and relatives.

We bought a Honda 3000 generator and that has really come in handy with no problems at all. We keep it chained in the back of our pickup and run our cable up to it, rather than take out the generator and bring it to our cable outlet on the trailer. Then next day, we just top off our generator at a gas station while it is still in the pickup and we never have to move it.

We bought our own Haier washer spin dryer + a high speed 3000rpm spinner dryer. We put all our dirty clothes in the washer and when that is full, we do our wash. The spinner dryer pretty much dries our clothes and we either solar dry or commercial dry our clothes. We only have to spend about 30 minutes at the laundry room versus hours before. Also, at our home we take both units out and still use the units full time at our home in our bathroom upstairs.

We bought one of those add-on UV extensions that slide into your awning. We leave our awning up pretty much all the time with that attachment anchored to the ground, and the mail awning staked into the ground with 8" nails. We only had one problem with a big wind storm and only the attached slide in awning ripped out of the ground in two spots. We just love this extra awning space for rain days and when company comes over.

We got a "Little Red" propane fire pit and use that all the time along our Webber Q BBQ. I always do the BBQing and my wife looks after everything else at meal times. Oh and we cook just about everything on the BBQ like vegetables and eggs etc.

i I find our 13,500 BTU A/C unit to be perfect for our size of trailer in the hot summer months. We upgraded our bathroom vent to a "Fantastic" vent and what a huge difference that was. For the overhead stove vent, I put that outside vent flap on the checklist to close and open as I forgot a lot resulting in the smoke alarm going off when we cooked inside. For the screen door we added a metal screen protector and a full width bar handle.

We we use a 20 foot outdoor mat with our trailer most of the time at long stay spots (1 week plus). It's a high tech one that grass grows right through it. Really love the mat and so do a lot of resorts as it won't damage their grass. We use a fold-out step support to make that sturdy.

We use a large portable honey wagon at several resorts and on long term stays that saved having to move our trailer back and forth to the dump stations. But get the best. Quality one you can buy. We had a very very bad experience with an older cheaper model where the wheels came off and we spilled sewage for 1/2 a mile in the campground area. Just horrible!!!!

Anyway, I could go on lots more about things we got that really. Have benefited our camping experience, but have to go now.

readytohitheroad

Don, I am a former Uper from da Soo. Was over by Munising this summer and it was beautiful, as always. What is the name of the mat that allows grass to grow thru? Have never heard of that and would love to get one. Scott

JohnD

Here are some shots that I recently picked out to submit for the 2015 Heartland Owners Club Calender Contest:

CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2007.jpg CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2096.jpg CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2108.jpg RifleCO2014-IMG_2931.jpg

JohnD

Don, I am a former Uper from da Soo. Was over by Munising this summer and it was beautiful, as always.

We are from Michigan (Jackson) as well . . . been in Colorado 19 1/2 years!

Been to the UP countless times . . . and am thinking about pulling our Trail Runner back there some time in the next year or so!

Probably spend a few days in Jackson visiting family and friends . . . then head up north to the UP!

We love having the mountains close by . . . but we do miss the water that Michigan has!

Attachments

• TequomenonFalls.jpg
    TequomenonFalls.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 60
  • PicturedRocks.jpg
    PicturedRocks.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 60
  • CopperHarbor.jpg
    CopperHarbor.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 59
  • BigMac-1.jpg
    BigMac-1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 58

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Tahquamenon Falls, Pictured Rocks, Sault Ste. Marie and The Big Mac.
Pretty sure I got two right.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Here are a few more I dug up the other day from our 2014 summer camping exploits:

RifleCO2014-IMG_2931.jpg CheyenneMntSunset-IMG_2100.jpg StVrainStatePark2014-IMG_2494.jpg StVrainStateParkSunset-IMG_2557.jpg RifleGapStatePark2014-IMG_3204.jpg

JohnD

All of you Trail Runners out there . . .

Get those cameras warmed up and post us some photos of your camp outs!

Here are some from January, 2015 trip to the Arizona Heartland Owner's Club Rally in Quartzsite, AZ:

SunCityRV-RVPark-IMG_20150122_075627618.jpg SunCityRV-IMG_20150122_173556536.jpg Truck&CamperAtGasStationSmall.jpg TruckAtGrandCanyon-IMG_3537.jpg

JohnD

That sunset is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunsets and sunrises are one of my specialties . . .

Here are a few examples . . .

SunsetMoon-P1070324.jpg TaosSunset-5-26-07-P1020633.jpg Sunrise-1-3-12-P1038044.jpg Sunrise-11-11-06-P1080372.jpg SunsetWildfirePoudre2012-IMGP3011.jpg TreeSunrise-P1112257.jpg

Attachments

• SunsetOverMountains-11-25-05-P1050852.jpg
    SunsetOverMountains-11-25-05-P1050852.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 12

DonnyB007

image.jpg

Pretty sure this this is the rug that we have. Stands up excellent - 3 years old with 12 months of steady usage and still shakes off looking pretty much like new. Amazing product

JohnD

Hey DonnyB . . .

Keep those photos coming!

And let me know if you get down this way and we'll plan a campout!

DonnyB007

Thank you so much for your invitation to go down to Colorado to camp with you. It won't be this summer as we are going to camp,at a provincial park near Thunder Bay. Really looking forward to getting out there on May 15th. I already bought a cord of birch firewood and have it drying out. Lol attached is the spot we leased out for four months this summer.image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg