Something is not right in the toilet drain

marknewbill

Hello all!
I was using my new pioneer camper last weekend and had a toilet stoppage. Not unusual i am sure and probably due to not yet understanding the proper amount of water flushes to waste ratio. However i did notice 2 things.

1. there is a foreign item in my pipe just below the toilet connection (pipe seat) The toilet is white and the seat and pipe are black in this case. in between the seat and the pipe is a section of the tarp that would appear to be the same material keeping the floor dry on the bottom of the camper. Let me be clear, I don't think it is on top of the seat where all I need do is remove the toilet, it appears to be in the connection just under the seat, which I presume is a glued connection. I will attach a picture.
My concerns are this material will absorb water on the black side and wick it out into the floor on the underside where I cant see it. The second concern is it could contribute to stoppages.

How big of a deal is this to fix? I am brining it in for warranty repair soon as they tell me it is open, but I was wanting an idea what they may be going to have to do like have to go in from the bottom or can it be handled on top?

2. Also, maybe normal, but the pipe seems to go way down in the black tank such it is only a couple inches off the bottom. I can see this may be to prevent air from coming up the pipe like a trap, but on the other hand it caused my last stoppage and was hard to clear, my black tank was empty and the toilet was not going down. I did clear it but wondered if the pipe goes into the tank too far.

Thanks,

Attachments

• material in drain.jpg
    material in drain.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 71
I am having same issue of stoppage in my 2021 Eldridge 38flik, toilet plugs up at bottom of pipe with solid waste every use, we get it unplugged and there doesn’t seem to be more then a have inch between end of pipe from toilet and what appears to be the bottom of the black tank. It’s as if the pipe was never cut to proper length when built. Anyone else having this problem and what do I do to fix it

marknewbill

the proper answer is to take it back and let the service group fix it since its probably under warranty. one thing i adopted on mine is to not put paper in the toilet. not even rv paper. just put it in a small trash can near the toilet dirty side down and your performance will be much better and there is no smell somehow.

i also pre fill the black tank with about half water before i begin using it onsite.

these things do a lot to help.

if your bent on fixing it yourself i would remove the toilet. measure up the right hieght and by putting a dremel down the drain yuck...but yes. you can cut off the bottom of the pipe. then hook it with something and pull up the small piece where u can cut it down one side and collapse it to pull it through the seat.. thats maybe the hard or easy way if you have small arms...

sengli

If it is that darco water proofing material material, cant you just use a razor knife and trim it out of the opening? And there have been a lot of threads on here in the past, about the inlet pipe being too close to the bottom of the tanks, to allow solids to easily pass.

marknewbill

If it is that darco water proofing material material, cant you just use a razor knife and trim it out of the opening? And there have been a lot of threads on here in the past, about the inlet pipe being too close to the bottom of the tanks, to allow solids to easily pass.
That is ultimately what was done on my issue of the material in the drain. It was just concern of a leak since it was literally between 2 pipe parts. I put extra glue over it after cutting it out. cowboy has the too long of pipe issue.

FL-JOE

There is no way the toilet discharge pipe should be that close to the bottom of the black tank. Depending on what style of tank you have, some are only 8" tall, it should have at least 5" of clearance from the end of the pipe to the bottom of the tank.

marknewbill

is there any benefit to the pipe going well inside the tank vs stopping right after it enters the tank say 1 inch below the top of the tank?

FL-JOE

None that I am aware of. Sounds like more sloppy work on the Heartland assembly line to me. It is shocking what I have found this year on my unit hooked up wrong!

marknewbill

Another item to look for and replace are the crimped pex rings on non pex lines going to the water heater bypass. Etc. I replaced mine with standard screw hose clamps for all rubber type hoses in that area. A couple were leaking some. It was easy to spot with the red blotches where the antifreeze was dripping.