Space over Microwave

happycampernc

What would you do with the space over the microwave where there is a place for wine bottles but not a wine drinker? Trying to figure out what can be done with it. TIA

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I thought I saw a thread where someone got a door from Heartland and covered the opening? They removed the wine rack and now store pans in there.

Found it: Replaced Micro/Conv Oven
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=57801

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Just looking around my Big Country, I discovered that the top drawer front of the bedroom chest of drawers looks like it would cover the opening over the microwave. I am going to inquire with HL about that.

DougS

Doug S
One of my first mods was to take the wine rack out. I was going to try and have a door made, but the thread from January was helpful and I have an email sent off to HL parts.
HL, if got listening, how about an option of a door.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Our door above the microwave is 30" wide by 6" high.
A wine rack in a rolling condo is just ridiculous. It would be one of my first modifications/removals too. Besides I wouldn't want my wine "stored" between the heat of the stove and slide roof. Good way to ruin a good wine!
65539974f3946e43a3f4b7d14832b804.jpg

Last edited:

TravelTiger

One of my first mods was to take the wine rack out. I was going to try and have a door made, but the thread from January was helpful and I have an email sent off to HL parts.
HL, if got listening, how about an option of a door.

I just sent my request as well, for parts for a 2016 Big Country.

Heartland wants the last 6 of your VIN, the size of the space the door will cover, the size of the door you want to use (in my case I found the bedroom drawer is 30x6) and a pic of your hardware. I also requested the same hinges from the thread above where they had part numbers.

Last edited:

DougS

Doug S
Lyle, the door you used, was that the same part number as previous thread from January, #0119372 or another part number. I am awaiting contact from Hearland from my email.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Lyle, the door you used, was that the same part number as previous thread from January, #0119372 or another part number. I am awaiting contact from Hearland from my email.

Sorry to confuse you. Our 3010 came standard with that door. I was just passing along the door's measurements so when asking HL for one you'd know.

B

BouseBill

This was for our 2015 3570, Could be then numbers changed with the model year??
To: xxxxx
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 14:00:41 -0400
Subject: 290996

Door 6x30-#0119372--$26.37
2-hinges-#53568--$1.35 each
drawer pull-#0107893-$2.75

if you want to order, send;
name
address
phone #
vin #

Jesse Hurley
Heartland/Breckenridge Parts Dept.

Office Phone: 877-262-8032 ext. 6090
Fax: 574-262-8340
Jesse.Hurley@Heartlandrvs.com

Hope this helps you folks trying to do the same thing:)

TravelTiger

This was for our 2015 3570, Could be then numbers changed with the model year??

I would send them a picture of your opening and maybe a pic of a drawer just to make sure they get the same wood/stain/trim style.

Erika

TravelTiger

Update, I have an order now placed with Heartland Parts for a cabinet door, handle and hinges, I'll let you know when I receive them if they are correct. Went back and forth with them regarding the correct wood/stain, so hopefully it's right.

DougS

Doug S
I also have an order in with HL and am waiting for a billing call. I have a 2016 Bighorn and I understand the stain color for this year is Sedona Glaze and the door number for this stain color is 0179206 on a 6 X 30" door/drawer front. I also added a single square door knob # 0178092 to match the rest of my doors.
HL parts was very helpful through email. Can't wait to fill the empty space over the micro.

farside291

My BC has the door standard. Never thought about keeping induction cooktops in there. I've been keeping them in the oven. That space has been pretty much a waste of space because it's so short.

VKTalley

My BC has the door standard. Never thought about keeping induction cooktops in there. I've been keeping them in the oven. That space has been pretty much a waste of space because it's so short.

My space has a door too and it's also where I store my induction cooktop along with a couple of small trays used for carrying food to the outside grill. My oven is storage for my cast iron skillets and other baking items.

TravelTiger

They should all come doors, why a wine rack?

Probably cheaper (and lighter weight) for the metal insert than cabinetry and looks more like a "feature".

From a woman's perspective, it's a nice design element. But really once I got into using the kitchen, I realized, I'll never put wine up there, and I wouldn't mind having more storage.

DougS

Doug S
Installed a door over the microwave. Perfect stain match. The wine rack is now just a memory. Now management just has to decide on pull.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 122