Springtime in Northern Michigan

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yesterday, it was upper 70's, sunny and humid. I know cuz I was on the roof sweeping all the oak tree boogers off it. Today, it's barely 49, with occasional rain and windy. A good day to relax and do laundry. Loving the furnace and Lasko tower heater, though. I think it's supposed to be in the 60's and sunny tomorrow.

The other project yesterday was to pin up the sagging DS of the overhang. Self-tapping screws and fender washers.

ParkIt

Have friends that live round there, they've had some great fishing days but its been 70's to 30's on and off all spring (its not really summer yet I guess).
Bought a rotating Lasko tower couple of years back, used it last year but didn't like it, switched to an electric oil heater instead.

Any particular reason the DS was sagging?

JohnDar

Have friends that live round there, they've had some great fishing days but its been 70's to 30's on and off all spring (its not really summer yet I guess).
Bought a rotating Lasko tower couple of years back, used it last year but didn't like it, switched to an electric oil heater instead.

Any particular reason the DS was sagging?

It's been sagging some for a while. There is no attachment of the filon material behind the pinbox, other than the latch for the front compartment on the ODS. It's probably been acting like an air scoop. Been meaning to fix it for some time.

Rodbuster

Looking forward to spending about 3 weels in Michigan after the Goshen rally. Hope the weather is good for us.

Dick

Kbvols

John,

What area are you at in Northern MI? We are planning on going to Frankenmuth for few days then up to Mackinaw City then possibly Traverse City last week of July. Last year we went up the west coast in June and about froze. Well DW had to sit by the pool and mid 60's is not pool weather.

JohnDar

John,

What area are you at in Northern MI? We are planning on going to Frankenmuth for few days then up to Mackinaw City then possibly Traverse City last week of July. Last year we went up the west coast in June and about froze. Well DW had to sit by the pool and mid 60's is not pool weather.

We're in Indian River, 30 miles south of the bridge. Even the summer up here can have some pretty good temperature swings.

Kbvols

We're in Indian River, 30 miles south of the bridge. Even the summer up here can have some pretty good temperature swings.

Agree on temp swings. We rode motorcycle few year back was 90 deg one day in Frankenmuth rode up to Mackinaw next day 50 deg. Beautiful country though and some great towns. Harbor Springs, Petosky and Charlevoix all great little towns.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Yesterday, it was upper 70's, sunny and humid. I know cuz I was on the roof sweeping all the oak tree boogers off it. Today, it's barely 49, with occasional rain and windy. A good day to relax and do laundry. Loving the furnace and Lasko tower heater, though. I think it's supposed to be in the 60's and sunny tomorrow.

The other project yesterday was to pin up the sagging DS of the overhang. Self-tapping screws and fender washers.

I'm in Midland doing disaster relief work and the temp. is 54 degrees. Hope it stays cool for the next 10 days until we leave to go home and get ready for Goshen. Ken

Theresau

Bit too cool for us. Hope it warms up. We have a pool and would like to use it. We're in Brighton area.

My brother moved here from CA last year - this is his first spring in MI in many many years - lived in FL prior to moving to CA. He's freezing. This is a cold spring so far. We had snow flakes on mother's day while we were grilling outside.

I'm in Midland doing disaster relief work and the temp. is 54 degrees. Hope it stays cool for the next 10 days until we leave to go home and get ready for Goshen. Ken

well dont be surprised to see snow on memorial day michigan is a beautiful state lived there all of my life till 2011 then to tenn. like mich. more we will be in monroe the 27 of june maybe we will see some of you heartlanders while we are there we will be at camp lord willing in monroe till mondaythen we are going to indiana for the rest of the week.enjoy the state it really is nice.
Joel

jagiv

We spent 5/21-5/28 in Northern MI staying in Gaylord, St. Ignace, Da Soo, and Ishpeming on our trek to Alaska. Had great weather while we were there and really enjoyed ourselves. Only had bug problems in St. Ignace and only then when we were near the water. Spent a beautiful day on Mackinac Island. Very nice area to visit in the summer.

John

Theresau

It's just got to warm up!

My brother said that the farmers are planting late this year (at least on the west coast of MI.)

And we're sitting with a pool running and we can't use it!!!!

JohnDar

It's just got to warm up!

My brother said that the farmers are planting late this year (at least on the west coast of MI.)

And we're sitting with a pool running and we can't use it!!!!

Aww, just jump in, eh. Pretend you're "Yoopers" at the beach. You'll only be blue for a little while. While we were cruising around Mullett Lake yesterday, the surface temperature was a balmy 59F. Had to come back home today, though.

Theresau

We have a heater but firstly, would be very expensive and secondly, it would be very cold getting out (we did turn on the heater once in the fall when it was this cold - just not the same). It's only 66 so far today.

just remember joe and theresa it is a odd yea for everyone even down here we havnt seen our first 90 degree day yet gardens are going in late just like there just enjoy it and by the fourth of july that pool will be used alot you are in a really nice state enjoy it.it gets better i promise.

Theresau

You're right - Michigan is a beautiful. And I'll prob be whining when it gets in the high 90's (maybe :).

You guys have a longer summer don't you? Labor day is about it here. We tried to swim in September but it just wasn't practical - air was too cold......

FYI - we did hit 91 here I think 2 weeks ago (and we went swimming :)).

yes your rite we do have a longer summer but from what i see on a normal year people that have pools dont use them much after june because it is so humid that the water is hot. so i guess everywhere has its downfalls.the best part of being here is the ''LACK OF snow'' that is one thing i dont miss about being in mich.you can keep the snow.we will be there later this month and we are really looking forward to be back even if it is for a short time.we will start getting into the 90s this week and i really dont like that but everyone is different when it comes to the weather.hope you can start using your pool soon and enjoy the weather there.the best part there is you do have 4 seasons and on a normal year you can tell them all.they are really nice to see also.if the cost of living was as cheap there as it is here we would be there rite now.