Stabilizers

hopewlvn2

Hi y’all! Quick question on stabilizers. Is it best to put blocks under the stabilizers? I’ve read different opinions. It says in the heartland manual not to raise too much, to cause tires off the ground. I’ve also read that it’s best if you don’t have to fully extend the stabilizers that it helps to prevent the shaking of the RV. If someone could shed some light on this subject I would truly appreciate it! Thank you

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For 11 summer seasons, I put these blocks under all jacks and the rear stabilizers. They were made from 3 - 12" sections of 4x4 topped with 5/4 board. Our seasonal site was mostly sand and grass. No problems.

Attachments

• IMG_1232 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1232 (Large).JPG
    484.5 KB · Views: 18

NYSUPstater

Yes, the shorter the extension of the stabs will aid in the shakiness of the coach. The stabs are not intended to raise the coach's tires. Like JohnDars pics, we put 2x10x 16"/18" under the front legs and the pads in front of the tires and then place 6x6x24" under the pads behind rear tires and this is w/ a 6pt level up. Takes a lil figuring out as the 2x10's are screwed together in 2's, so have to kinda gauge it as to how many are needed under the legs. We do this more so, so the legs don't have to extend all the way down.

carl.swoyer

Hi y’all! Quick question on stabilizers. Is it best to put blocks under the stabilizers? I’ve read different opinions. It says in the heartland manual not to raise too much, to cause tires off the ground. I’ve also read that it’s best if you don’t have to fully extend the stabilizers that it helps to prevent the shaking of the RV. If someone could shed some light on this subject I would truly appreciate it! Thank you
When my hydraulics lift my tires off the ground I put two long planks under the tires then manually lower the side onto the boards. I always put blocks under the legs. This keeps the extension to a minimum and less movement in the rv.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

hopewlvn2

When my hydraulics lift my tires off the ground I put two long planks under the tires then manually lower the side onto the boards. I always put blocks under the legs. This keeps the extension to a minimum and less movement in the rv.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Thanks