Standard Electric Fireplace Problem

ENG2242

My electric fireplace will only blow heat for a few minutes the the heat shuts off. This is regardless of the settings. Any input would be helpful!!
Regards, David

Attachments

• E2A3307B-E7FB-4251-B55A-3F72A8BD9D95.jpeg
    E2A3307B-E7FB-4251-B55A-3F72A8BD9D95.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 13

Dahillbilly

I would check the fan make sure it's moving enough air; if it is then the overtemperature/ high limit sensor going bad.

taskswap

It wasn't in a Heartland but I had a similar issue with a previous camper and it turned out to be the thermostat on the control board. I was lucky enough to find a replacement on eBay, otherwise I was told the whole unit would have to get replaced (in my case it was 8 years old so there weren't parts available anymore). Anyway if you post the brand and model maybe we can help research a little more?

sengli

I had the same outcome as taskswap, my electric fireplace required a new PCB assembly. Luckily for me mine wasn't really that old, and I contacted the manufacturer of the unit, and they sent me a replacement pc circuit card for it. Otherwise the units are are throw aways.

hoefler

Have your taken it apart and cleaned it recently?? Very important, especially if you have pets. The fan will be covered in hair and dust, should be cleaned out at least once a year.

ENG2242

Thank you everyone!! First I do have pet’s, so cleaning will be the first step. The electronics. Best wishes!!

wdk450

Have your taken it apart and cleaned it recently?? Very important, especially if you have pets. The fan will be covered in hair and dust, should be cleaned out at least once a year.
The fan being clogged with debris will cause airflow to be extremely restricted, and the safety overtemperature electric switch to open, stopping heating.