Starting to roast!

jderhard

Hello! Have an idea...please chime in. 2013 Cyclone 4100 King

I came back to the RV one afternoon to discover that the only thing on the roof that works are the 12V lights.

None of the air conditioners (now power at the controls either), fantastic vent, or pendulum lights over sink work. Previously I started losing power along the master panel specifically the additional fuel storage for toys. Then it migrated to the roof. Now the front awning LED light bar won't work. Occasionally the awnings won't retract or extend. Etc etc etc.

Any ideas that would lead to a single point of failure?

I have checked circuit breakers. I have checked the fuses. I am on shore power. Other 110V items such as the fridge, televisions, microwave, and outlets work just fine.

JD

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
All of the items that are not working depend on 12vdc.
I would start by looking closely at the battery connections.
Then I would test every connection on the neutral buss, usually located near the battery.
The buss is a block loaded with screw terminals and a bunch of white wires on it.
Have you checked the voltage at the battery? Maybe the converter is not charging,

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Just for those who wonder "If it's a 12 volt DC problem, why doesn't the air conditioning work?", the thermostat signalling to the air conditioner and heater are run by 12 volt DC power. A quick test of this circuit is in a quiet time turn on the AC thermostat set for a low temperature, and if the thermostat circuit is communicating with the AC control box you will hear an audible Click. This click (relay energizing) normally turns on the AC unit.

jderhard

Well....lack of 12V DC power makes sense. It also makes sense to me that there is a single point of failure for the roof power such as a circuit breaker. I just took off all the red " lego covers" along the bus and I cannot find a 12V DC manual circuit breaker. Does anyone with a 4100 King know where there circuit breaker is??

Additionally, I shut off the shore power. No battery power at all. My gut tells me that as soon as I find this little sucker, reset it, I will have air conditioning again.

Thank you for posting the links for the 12V DC troubleshooting guide, etc.

danemayer

If you look at the row of mini-breakers, there'll be one that has a thick red wire on each side. That's the one. The reset buttons are teeny-tiny and easy to miss. But every now and then there's a coach that has an auto-reset breaker in that position. If that's the case, you'll want to check voltage on both sides.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 73

jderhard

Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I have been out there again searching for the reset button. No avail. Attached are two pics of the bus. Nothing too cosmic...very similar to what you had posted. I can't help but wonder if there is another breaker "hidden" somewhere. photo 1.JPG

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Time to get the meter out and check for voltage on both sides of the breakers.

Peace
Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
That same thing just happened to us on our brand new Landmark. Everything worked great at home but pulled 245 miles down the road this weekend and boom, no 12 volt stuff was working. That was an interesting night with the only lights insides the camper being the TV. Got up next morning and checked inside behind the basement wall only to find that the converter plug came unplugged I guess from the rough roads. Come to think of it, I guess the converter hasn't been plugged up for quite awhile cuz the battery went pretty fast. Once I plugged the converter back up, everything started working great and the batteries are charging. The location of the 110 outlet was set high so the bouncing of the camper down the road make the plug work loose, falling down, unplugged. I used ties to keep the converter line up high enough to stay plugged in.