Storage Compartment Flooring

jstauffer

I have a 2019 Heartland Big Country 3155RLK and am wanting to install storage sliders in the basement storage area. Would be securing them with lag bolts and am wondering if anyone knows if there is any danger of drilling into tanks or other items that may be under the floor. It appears I would be safe anywhere outside the frame beams but not sure about in between the frame. Not sure how think the plywood is but suspect 1/2 or 3/4 inch. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry

centerline

I have a 2019 Heartland Big Country 3155RLK and am wanting to install storage sliders in the basement storage area. Would be securing them with lag bolts and am wondering if anyone knows if there is any danger of drilling into tanks or other items that may be under the floor. It appears I would be safe anywhere outside the frame beams but not sure about in between the frame. Not sure how think the plywood is but suspect 1/2 or 3/4 inch. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry

the "floor" should be insulated, and have a 5/8 or 3/4 inch plywood or OSB laminated to 3" of styrofoam, with a backing layer of thin plywood/paneling.... so as long as you keep the screw length to a reasonable length, you should be fine...

jstauffer

the "floor" should be insulated, and have a 5/8 or 3/4 inch plywood or OSB laminated to 3" of styrofoam, with a backing layer of thin plywood/paneling.... so as long as you keep the screw length to a reasonable length, you should be fine...

Thanks so much for your quick reply and info.
Jerry