Strange Thing Happened

avvidclif

Went dry camping this weekend, Thur-Sat(flea market). Stopped at Flying J to dump on the way home Sat. Did my normal routine with the black tank. Then opened the sink tank. Not much usage so not much came out. On to the shower/lavatory tank. Just a bare trickle and then nothing. ????? We both took showers on Fri and normal lavatory use. Before dumping the indicator showed 2 lights and after none.

Where did it go??? I still haven't figured it out. We were in a asphalt parking lot so any leakage would have been obvious.

Garypowell

This just happened to me for about the third time on my 3010 last week. I have a hose attachment I put on the discharge gate valve and the push water back into the tank for a few minutes and then remove and reinstall the drain line and whoosh it really drains out.

My theory is when the hole is cut for the drain line the cut out fell back into the tank and every so often it floats in the way and needs to be pushed back.

avvidclif

This just happened to me for about the third time on my 3010 last week. I have a hose attachment I put on the discharge gate valve and the push water back into the tank for a few minutes and then remove and reinstall the drain line and whoosh it really drains out.

My theory is when the hole is cut for the drain line the cut out fell back into the tank and every so often it floats in the way and needs to be pushed back.

Makes sense, I'll try it. Never thought about back-flushing it. Might be easier than trying to run a hose thru that convoluted mess...

Manzan

Something similar happened to me this year and trailer is over five years old. Neither the grey or black tanks wanted to drain. Seems there was a 'dam' where the two drains meet. Back flushed a couple of times and all was fine. Very careful now to make sure there is enough in the black tank to drain properly.

Ldo

Just a thought to ruminate on. New trailer and system to me - so I have an excuse. Attached hose to flush inlet instead of potable water inlet to put water in tank for on board use. Caught it in 5 minutes or so, but oh boy if I hadn't. Purchased a label maker and labelled everything so it can be seen. Little white raised letters on white plastic is nearly impossible to read let alone to see. Just saying- LDO

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

avvidclif

Just a thought to ruminate on. New trailer and system to me - so I have an excuse. Attached hose to flush inlet instead of potable water inlet to put water in tank for on board use. Caught it in 5 minutes or so, but oh boy if I hadn't. Purchased a label maker and labelled everything so it can be seen. Little white raised letters on white plastic is nearly impossible to read let alone to see. Just saying- LDO

I have a 5' piece of hose permanently attached to the city water inlet that goes to the filter setup placed under the trailer. It has a plug in it when not in use. The flush inlet has a quick disconnect on it. No connecting backwards there.

I would agree with the obstructed pipe except the indicator showed 2 lights and after dumping down to 1. ????

I am going to back flush both the bath and sink grey tanks. As long as I don't overfill them or try to pressurize it can't hurt.

These things are so much fun.

Go-Fly

I've had this happen the first time I used our new trailer. We stayed one night in it before we brought it home and used the shower the next morning. When I went to dump the gray only a trickle came out. I drop the bottom off and installed a SeeLevel system when I got home. There are two thing I discovered, (1) the outlet is not on the bottom of the tank, (2) the tank bottom is very thin and really sages when you put water in it. I'd say it has 5 gallons held back. I may some day brace the bottoms with plywood. For now I'm just going to live with it.

Ldo

What is a Seelevel System and how difficult is it to install?

AAdams

Here is a link to the components. I do not have the system though I wish I did. SeeLevel parts SeeLevel install ( New Installs ) replacing a system would be easier.

Hope this helps
Alan

Go-Fly

Seelevel uses a sensor pad on the outside of the tank and reads the tank in percentages from 0-100% full. Not the three light system. I did a thread on the install but, for the life of me I can't find it. They are not hard to install.