Stuck hydraulic valve

09Busaman

2021 Elkridge 37BAR. Been having issues with my leveling system and finally figured out what was wrong this morning. When I operate my slides out my front landing gear extends. When I operate my slide in, my front landing gear retracts. Seems to me I have a stuck valve that is not closing leaving the landing gear circuit open for fluid flow. Can anyone tell me which valve it is on the manifold? Can I remove it, test it, smack it, etc? Not sure what to do at this point but hoping this is an easy fix without having to take a trip to the dear next month. I can post a picture later today if it would help. Thank you in advance.

danemayer

First thing to do is use an allen wrench to ensure all the valves are closed. Finger tight counter-clockwise. Don't try to correct the problem by over tightening.

Second thing is to exercise the landing gear 5 or 6 times. If it's a piece of crud, it may resolve.

To figure out which valve it is, use the allen wrench to turn all valves clockwise. Open one at a time to test the landing gear. The pump motor will be loaded down on the wrong ones - don't keep it activated for more than a second or two. After you find the valve, disconnect one of the wires and see if the problem goes away. If it does, I think that would indicate a problem, likely at the switch, keeping the valve energized all the time. And if it's just a bind, tapping the valve might help.

Be sure to close the valves and reconnect the wires when done.

09Busaman

Thank you very much, will give it a try when get back down to where it is set up. Will also post a picture.

rhodies1

2021 Elkridge 37BAR. Been having issues with my leveling system and finally figured out what was wrong this morning. When I operate my slides out my front landing gear extends. When I operate my slide in, my front landing gear retracts. Seems to me I have a stuck valve that is not closing leaving the landing gear circuit open for fluid flow. Can anyone tell me which valve it is on the manifold? Can I remove it, test it, smack it, etc? Not sure what to do at this point but hoping this is an easy fix without having to take a trip to the dear next month. I can post a picture later today if it would help. Thank you in advance.
Take a look at the valve on your leg that operates first when deploying your landing gear. I suspect this valve has a piece of debris stuck in the nipple causing it not to close.I had the same issue you are referencing. It was the valve on top of the landing gear that deploys first that had a piece of dirt. Sounds strange that this would cause your issue but when you open your slides this valve on the leg is still partially open allowing fluid to push your legs up and down.. Take a look at this valve.
You will need to hook up your RV to your tow unit and close all slides and retract kegs to take pressure off of the system before removing valve.

09Busaman

Just updating the thread. This past week was the second time we set up the Elkridge and due to the valve, I left the camper on the truck and extended the slides. As expected the front jacks lowered but did not lift the truck (assuming there was enough resistance in the jacks to allow the system to operate the slides). I leveled manually and left it for the week. When we packed up at Tenkiller, I raised all the rear jacks and put the camper back on the truck and retracted all jacks. I Then retracted the slides. We traveled to Tablerock and everthing seems to be working like it should. The slides do not operate the jacks, I can control each jack manually as expected. I reset zero again and will try the auto level feature next time I set up. Whatever was making the valve stick appears to have resolved itself. Thank you again for all of the advice. I am hoping I wont see that issue again but if I do it will be much easier to manage. I am thinking I had a piece of trash or something in the system that finally came free.