Stuck in Moab, Utah

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ya, stuck on the beauty of the area.
Visited Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park and just drove around looking for dirt roads to explore. 10% grades through dirt road canyons.
This place is awesome! If you haven't be here put it on your list.

20160919_123550.jpg

Peace
Dave

MTPockets

Yes it is! .... Been there a few times, once to a Utah Rally... Originally went to see Arches which was great, but fell in love with Canyonlands, our favorite. The drive through the canyon bottom was awesome...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Visited Arches National Park, Canyonlands National Park and just drove around looking for dirt roads to explore. 10% grades through dirt road canyons.

View attachment 47793

Peace
Dave

I was gonna say "So sorry" . . . thought maybe you had a blowout or something.

But now I'm gonna say "Poor poor pitiful you!". :eek:

We'll be blowing through Utah in a couple of weeks for the Vegas Rally but won't have time to stop and check out the scenery.

We were going to spend two nights in Utah somewhere but we were able to add one night (Wednesday) at the Oasis before the Rally starts!

See you there!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Try Schafer Hill
Here is a cool video of Schafer Trail. I know exactly what he is going through. VIDEO
Is a bugger meeting up with an oncoming car. And there were a few times I didn't think my truck would turn tight enough.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Here is a cool video of Schafer Trail. I know exactly what he is going through. VIDEO
Is a bugger meeting up with an oncoming car. And there were a few times I didn't think my truck would turn tight enough.

Mountain driving tip:

The vehicle driving uphill has the right of way.

(still only about two minutes into the video so haven't seen any other vehicles yet)

Finished the video . . . I liked the play-by-play color commentary! :cool:

Gaffer

Shafer Hill is doable in your truck. I would do it top to bottom and air down your truck to 65 lbs or less.

MTPockets

Shafer Hill is doable in your truck. I would do it top to bottom and air down your truck to 65 lbs or less.
We did the hill both ways in our DRW truck, no problem, loved it... It seemed there was a lot more traffic going down than up...

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

View attachment 47793

Peace
Dave

Pretty sneaky Dave....

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dave,
.Welcome to the great state of Utah. See you in Glendale. Trace

dlw930

View attachment 47793

Peace
Dave

We were there last month. Arches was cool, but Canyonlands had more impressive vistas.

e4a9b0c9bc3de664f805dce29dc8a506.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizmary

Haven't been to Canyonlands, but we have done arches. Utah is absolutely gorgeous - especially after a thunderstorm, at sunset. We are heading to Zion for some camping soon. :) Not bringing the RV though.

olcoon

Really had me going also! Not sure I'd be brave enough to drive that though, something about things that higher than I am!

Sally & I watched the video, she kept telling the guy to slow down! She had decided we don't need to do that one...THANK GOD!!!

Piperflyer

Really had me going also! Not sure I'd be brave enough to drive that though, something about things that higher than I am!

Sally & I watched the video, she kept telling the guy to slow down! She had decided we don't need to do that one...THANK GOD!!!

Take the Jeep Tour (Adrift Adventures) from Moab into Canyonland if you don't want to drive. Well worth the price. They also have a jet boat tour that is well worth the price too. You can combine the two into a full day of touring. We really enjoyed it and worth the money

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Dave,

We went to Arches NP this afternoon and we plan to visit Canyonland NP tomorrow. We are staying in Green River, UT. And then on to Vegas.