Suggestions on replace leveling Jacks

Rddocatt

I have a 2013 Elkridge 34 trsre. I would like some suggestions on what is the best brand for 4 point or 6 point leveling gear. I know there is a couple out there?

Thanks Rick

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Rick,

I have an ElkRidge 34QSRL, not much different than yours as far as weight. Do you have hydraulic landing gear or electric?

We had electric. Replacing the front jacks, and adding the two behind the back tires for a 4 point (manual-leveling) Ground Control System, was a do-it-yourself job and done in a day, by my husband, with very little assistance. I only helped him snake the wiring harness when it needed two people.

If you have hydraulic system, it may be better to look at Level-up.

Rddocatt

Thanks for the reply. I am not to much of a DIY kinda guy but sounds like your hubby is. Kudos. What I need are some brand names to research product for most reliable and best fit of RV, Currently we have stock electric. Rear motor went out. front leg pin bent and sound like it is about to give way.

dbbls59

I like my Level-up but have never had Ground Control so, I might like it too. I went with Level-up because I did not want to loose my Hydraulic jacks up front. Anything is better than boards.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ground Control 4-point will not replace your rear jacks. Lippert makes 6-point Ground Control system, but not sure if it can be added after-market.

VKTalley

I have a 2013 Elkridge 34 trsre. I would like some suggestions on what is the best brand for 4 point or 6 point leveling gear. I know there is a couple out there?

Thanks Rick

Ground Control 4-point will not replace your rear jacks. Lippert makes 6-point Ground Control system, but not sure if it can be added after-market.

We had our Level-Up added after-market (last year at the National Rally, Goshen, IN) but our front two jacks were and are hydraulic. I think the best thing to do is call both companies, Lippert and Ground Control and see which would be best for you, Rick (Rddocatt).

Crumgater

We added the 4-point ground control system this year (it was Rico-Titan, but Lippert bought it recently). We're all-electric. This was our first leveling system.
It was billed as an easy DIY project... but we had issues with installing one of the back jacks around the slide-out mechanisms.
Once we had the back jack locations ironed out, it was not a hard install. (DH did it, so it was very easy for me. HA!)

We opted to go behind the slide, still as close as possible to the axle, but more than the recommended 18". We did talk to Lippert's Ground Control support about the location, and they ok'd it from a frame point-of-view. I do worry about hitting the jacks on curbs or speed bumps, but so far, so good. It's only an inch or so lower than the sewer pipe (and closer to the axle), so it really should be fine.

It has been very nice so far.
I love the increased speed of the front jacks, and once the back jacks are firm, there is NO movement in the coach.
So far we haven't trusted using the jacks to take the wheels completely off the ground - one place we park is at least 6" off-level side-to-side - so we still use boards... but we do some fine tuning to level with the ground control, and it's great!

PS - Tweety's had much better pricing than CampingWorld.