Sundance Electric Water Heater Switch

Hello All,

Brand new to the forum and on my second Heartland travel trailer. We just sold our Wilderness 2475bh and just purchased a Sundance 291qb. We have three kids and the added space seems like it is going to be awesome!

Here is my question: we can't seem to find the switch to turn on the electric water heater in our trailer? The main panel has everything, including the propane water heater switch, but nothing for gas. I searched the forum and found others with the same question but no answers as of yet.

Any help is appreciated.

Shawn

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Is the water heater an Atwood? Some of them are propane only. Other possibility is the electric switch is located inside or on a bathroom or kitchen cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the brand of the water heater but I do know all the specs of the trailer say it is gas and electric. Went through the bathroom but will look again.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't know the brand of the water heater but I do know all the specs of the trailer say it is gas and electric. Went through the bathroom but will look again.

Remove the outside cover on the water heater and look for a label. Post a photo of what you see. The usual switches for electric operation look like a standard red light switch or a flatter "paddle or rocker" type switch, also red and they illuminate when in the ON position. If your water heater is indeed electric and propane, there should be a black switch on the face of the water heater, too, as seen in the second photo. That needs to be in the ON position for it to work, even if you find a switch inside.

Attachments

• Outside WH switch.JPG
    Outside WH switch.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Master Control.JPG
    Master Control.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Water heater switch.jpg
    Water heater switch.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 23

2Stepn

On the suburban water heater in my Sundance the electric water heater switch is located behind the exterior cover. remove the cover and look in the lower left corner. It's tucked in behind other water heater components, so you have to really look for it.

tomhank

How to Start an RV’s Electric Water Heater Step by Step

Step 1: Check to see if the water heater is full.
Step 2: Find the access panel for the electric water heater.
Step 3: Find the power switch for the electric water heater.
Step 4: Set the electric water heater to on.