Surge Guard

Routemaster

My Surge Guard has developed a loud-ish hummmm is it time to retire her or is there something that can be done? ear plugs help at nite.

Attachments

• Surge Guard.JPG
    Surge Guard.JPG
    947.3 KB · Views: 9

6.7LMegaCab

Check to make sure both of the lines coming in are putting out the proper voltage. In a two year period I replaced the ATS in my fifth wheel thinking one side was going bad as one would either disconnect, chatter, or buzz. Determined the root cause was a loose neutral at the utility pole causing the voltage on one leg to drop to 107 V. Power company fixed it. After getting a new ATS under warranty, I opted to instead install a Blue Sea Systems manual transfer switch. I don't have a need to ensure 100% always available power, however, I did install a pure sine wave inverter with a transfer switch so at the very least, certain devices in the bedroom can seamlessly switch between shore/Gen or battery.

That's been my experience. Sure, an ATS is nice, but in my case, it seemed more problematic than it was worth. I think it was rated to transfer down to 100 volts but never could hold it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk