SURVEY - SnapPads and Landing Gear Popping Noise

Have you experienced popping noise after installing SnapPads?

• I have SnapPads but never had any popping noise

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I have SnapPads and the popping noise was eliminated or lessened after install

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I have SnapPads but they didn't help reduce the popping noise

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I have SnapPads, but the noise went away before installing them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have SnapPads yet

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

danemayer

Many of us have experienced popping noises from the Lippert Landing Jacks, particularly when there are big temperature swings. While the Lippert recommended fix is to add anti-stiction fluid, I'm wondering whether SnapPads help with that problem.

Bob.jr

I have had the Snap Pads on now for about 4 years. It has minimized the popping sound. I only hear it occasionally and it seems to be muffled.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

Been using for over 2 years, and during the temperature changes we still hear the popping sounds. I remember sitting at Medina Lakes outside of San Antonio during January 2020 I still heard the popping sounds.

southernlady5464

I don’t think Snap Oads change whether or not we get popping noise. I blame it on temperature swings, using fork oil helped. In fact because of an issue we had, we’ve replaced all the hydraulic fluid with fork oil.

danemayer

I don’t think Snap Oads change whether or not we get popping noise. I blame it on temperature swings, using fork oil helped. In fact because of an issue we had, we’ve replaced all the hydraulic fluid with fork oil.
Do you have SnapPads or are you speculating?

rclogg

We've had snap pads since we bought it, the only thing that fixed it was what Dane said "Lippert recommended fix is to add anti-stiction fluid".