Surviving the Winter in the Horn

scotty

:D Survived the winter in Jersey in the Big Horn. Record cold winter with several snows, 18 to 24" and numerous 12-14 degree nights. Yea used a lot of propane but stayed warm. Used a make-shift skirting of "silt screen" around bottom, plastic over outside of windows using double sided tape. Also plastic over AC vents inside. Wrapped fresh water hose with heat tape and covered that with rubber insulation and duck tape. Horn held up great, not one problem with any water freezing or problem with tank drains. I don't care what they say but this bad boy is definitely a full time unit as far as I'm concerned. This is also a testament to HL quality.:cool:

scotty

Yea I'm retired Navy and working as a contractor supporting the Navy in Lakehurst N J for aa couple of years. Plan to go back to Florida some day.

Scotty... thnxxx so much for sharing this winter experience! I have been following along wtih a few folks who have wintered over in the great north! This winter in particular was a true test- glad your BH performed so well! AWSOME