Suspension

wdk450

Agreed that MorRyde IS is the best, but it is pricey, and must be done at their service center in Elkhart.

Next best (in my opinion) is MorRyde heavy duty (thick width) wet bolt shackle kit, and MorRyde X Factor cross bracing between the two I-Beam spring hangars (or have a local welder weld thick wall square steel tubing between these points) and Dexter EZ-Flex heavy equalizers.

You may be able to do a DIY disk brakes kit, or have Performance Trailer Braking do it for you in their travels around the country. Disk brakes upgrade HIGHLY recommended.

Dahillbilly

I'm going with the CRE3000 & heavy duty wet bolt kit; along with welding tubes across the spring hangers for starters. Then new set of tires on the Torque 5er

I have recently been looking into this as well. We have a 40' Landmark Savannah. I'm sure it has the cheapest suspension available on it. We also live in Northern Alberta. Where the roads are HORRIBLE. We can't afford $10,000.00 for the independent suspension offered by Mor/Ryde. Aside from upgrading to the Mor/Ryde SRE4000 and the heavy duty shackle kit. Are there any other options out there?

david-steph2018

What system do you have on now? If you look at the ratings it says the 4000 has been rated for up to 7000lb axles. The 3000 has been rated for up to 8000lb axles. Also, for the double axles for the IS System I would think it would be around $4500. We had it installed on our triaxle in October 2020 and it was $6500 then.

Dahillbilly

I purchased the CRE3000 for our 40' tandum axle 7k axles. Installing those with a wet bolt kit this spring when the snow is gone & warmer weather.

sengli

Seen several threads on here saying the MORyde CRE has had some delamination and failure issues. Wonder if that is fixed now?

LBR

Would like to upgrade ssuspension on 2 axel fifth wheel Elkridge. Any opinions on what's better??
We did away with the entire CRE system when upgrading to 8K axles, disc brakes, heavier springs, 6 shocks, and X-Factor bracing. The Roadmaster Suspension kit is a close alternative to the IS. While it doesn't allow each wheel to be independent like the IS, it does allow each axle to be independent.

Our tri-axle CY rides soooo much better now.

What system do you have on now? If you look at the ratings it says the 4000 has been rated for up to 7000lb axles. The 3000 has been rated for up to 8000lb axles. Also, for the double axles for the IS System I would think it would be around $4500. We had it installed on our triaxle in October 2020 and it was $6500 then.

I'm sure we just have the factory cheapy suspension. I have looked at the airbag system. Which looks pretty decent, and a lot less $$$

twindadtoo

I had the CRE3000 and had to replace the factory set twice. I just went with the Lippert Center Point air ride system. Absolutely love this air ride system. The 44’ toy hauler just floats and is much more stable. Also effects the tire temperatures. The tire temps are equivalent now instead of one side being 10-15 degrees hotter.

JohnU

I have recently been looking into this as well. We have a 40' Landmark Savannah. I'm sure it has the cheapest suspension available on it. We also live in Northern Alberta. Where the roads are HORRIBLE. We can't afford $10,000.00 for the independent suspension offered by Mor/Ryde. Aside from upgrading to the Mor/Ryde SRE4000 and the heavy duty shackle kit. Are there any other options out there?
I recently upgraded all the springs, bushings, hardware, equalizers and wetbolt/long shackle kit on my Oakmont, and it rides like a cloud now. Coming from the off-road suspension world, my experience has always been that the short shackles don't ride well, don't allow the spring to move as well, and result in a lot more deformation of the spring itself and a harsh ride - not to mention no suspension travel! This seems similarly true with the trailer suspension, at least in my experience. Maybe something to look into for you as well?

Attachments

• IMG_8033.JPG
    IMG_8033.JPG
    509.6 KB · Views: 27

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Consider upgrading to 8K axles and 4K springs, along with the heavy duty wet bolt kit and CRE3000 equalizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

If memory serves me right, think the problem w/ CRE's was their CRE4000 susp component. We have the CRE3000 and have been very happy w/ them. 1 trip to ME, 1 trip to FL, 1 trip to TN and rest since ownership just here in NY. Nothing moves inside of coach and it seems to ride very well and have the 5th AB hitch on it which I feel contributes to things as far as a smoother ride is concerned.

MillerTime802

MorRyde Independent Suspension is an aftermarket add-on done at the MorRyde facility in Elkhart, IN.
Thank you, Dan for your quick response.

I researched the MorRyde system this morning. Did you upgrade your load capacity from 7k to 8k? If so, did you use the 7k or 8k rubber dampening springs.

In a video I saw, the MorRyde representative said it was an option so you could soften the ride if the RV only carries only its original 7k max. capacity.....if that makes sense.

Thanks, Brad

SLO

Thank you, Dan for your quick response.

I researched the MorRyde system this morning. Did you upgrade your load capacity from 7k to 8k? If so, did you use the 7k or 8k rubber dampening springs.

In a video I saw, the MorRyde representative said it was an option so you could soften the ride if the RV only carries only its original 7k max. capacity.....if that makes sense.

Thanks, Brad

I went with 8k MorRyde and 7k rubber springs. If you look at them side by side the 8k is so much beefier. Had 7k Dexter from factory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk