Swapping dish receiver

I have a satellite dish SK 1000 on my rv. Do any body are familiar with swapping the dish receiver from home to the rv and vice versa?
I have a receiver who control 3 tv with hoppers in my house and I wonder if I can use this on my rv

Thanks

pegmikef

I have a satellite dish SK 1000 on my rv. Do any body are familiar with swapping the dish receiver from home to the rv and vice versa?
I have a receiver who control 3 tv with hoppers in my house and I wonder if I can use this on my rv

Thanks

Will depend on what antenna you have. Dish Tailgater, for instance, will only work with two or three different receivers.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Thanks

Are you saying you have the Winegard Trav'ler Dish SK 1000 on the roof of the BigHorn? And you have a home satellite system with a stationary dish that uses the Hopper? Do you have Joeys for the other TVs, or additional Hoppers?

The short answer is yes, the Hopper is compatible with the Winegard Trav'ler Dish SK 1000. And you should be able to take the Hopper and use it in the rig. But there are some hoops to jump through to do so.

Someone with more knowledge (and if you answer the questions) will get you more specific help.

We use a ground mounted dish at our home rv park, and then our Trav'ler Dish on the RV roof when we travel. We have the Hopper (v2) and wireless joey for a second TV.

carl.swoyer

Thanks
A direct TV genie you have to take the main box / receiver with you. I have the older style so I can take just one of the receiver's. The new style if you take the main receiver what's left at home won't work.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
If you are going use the Hopper with a Joey, then you will need to install a Solo Node between the Traveler and the receivers;

the Hopper with 2 Joeys, then you will need to install a Solo Node and a 2 way Satellite splitter between the Traveler and the receivers;

the Hopper with 3 Joeys, then you will need to install a Solo Node and a 3 way Satellite splitter between the Traveler and the receivers.

Attached is a pdf file that show the wiring layouts for 2 or 3 Joeys at the top of Page 11.
View attachment Hopper Training Guide.pdf.

Thanks for all your comments.

This is the situation:

I have in the house 2 Hoppers with Sling and 4 Joey 2.0, all this equipment’s control 6 independent TVs

I have a Winegard Traveler’s Dish SK 1000 which is going to be installed tomorrow Saturday by Camping World

On my RV I have 2 TVs inside the rig and the coaxial connection on the storage compartment outside to connect another TV. My intentions are to control 3 independent TV on my rig with the equipment I have on home

I made this question on the forum to get familiar with because nobody in Camping World answer this question, all what they say is bring your receiver and the Joey and we check this out.

osims

bsims
Terry H installation is exactly the way ours is connected, the single nod is the only way everything will work as designed

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
93c56cbb94a96f48a3808d1f2d251584.jpg

Here is ours on the roof. You can see the node next to the base.

Note that our one Joey is wireless, we did not use any of the cabling to the bedroom or basement tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk