Tail light wiring access

yuri_rage

Unfortunately, my 2016 Cyclone 4113 sat in the yard by the house for the past year or so, and a critter took up residence between the frame rail and skin by the passenger side rear bumper. Whatever lived there chewed through the common ground for all rear lighting, and I need to access the area pictured.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the least invasive way to get in there? I don't want to start cutting things if I don't have to!

image0 (1).jpeg

The good news is that most everything else appears to be in great shape, and I'm looking forward to getting back on the road!

yuri_rage

I'm leaning toward making an access cut with a little air recip saw and then making a patch panel. But I know some of y'all have likely dealt with similar access issues, so I'll hold off on the cutting for now.

yuri_rage

I cut that access hole and...there's the problem! Whatever took up residence chewed through EVERY single wire that passes through the bumper. I have enough pigtail coming down vertically to make good connections, and I think I can fish all new wiring through the hole in the bumper at the license plate light, so it should be a clean fix, if slightly frustrating. Then I just need to fab a simple patch plate from some sheet aluminum to tidy it all up.

image0 (2).jpeg