Thank You Heartland From the New 'Lil Guy'

'Lil Guy'

Thanks Dave Willis, the HL Bighorn rep who took a couple of calls from me during the build process of my loaded out 3270RS. Returned my calls before I could hang up.lol Thanks again.
Thanks again to Lone Star RV north location for delivering my 3rd HL product. Rod Chapman is the guy to see. Thanks again for my service tech, Billie Mac. Great job again Billie.

This purchase was a big step for us and our plans for the future, thanks in part to the HOC. We knew what we wanted and to be honest, I was a little worried about pushing my luck. We've had 2 great HL rigs prior to this and with all the problems you see posted, I was a little worried about 3 times being a charm. While on order, I even had pm's telling me to run away form HL products. We new we would stay in the family but the negativity you read puts little doubts in the back of your mind. Needless to say, been a little stressed waiting on our new rig.

Saw it the 1st time Monday with a Wednesday walk through. I'll list the discrepancies and issues at the end of this post. Got there at about 9:AM and Billy had it all opened up and we went over every connection, electrical and water related. Since it was hooked up to water and the fresh tank held water, he showed me that all plumbing was working from city water and the pump. There weren't any issues from the factory that he could find. The hydraulics worked great including slides and 6 point level up. Slides looked great and aligned nicely. Cycled them several times and they were quiet and smooth. This was one of my biggest worries. The areas behind the storage walls where the plumbing and wiring hides was surprisingly clean with the excess wire rolled up neatly. There was a few metal shavings from some drill work that he cleaned up for me before replacing the walls.

Billie and I go back and I asked him how many items he had to fix, tighten or correct before I arrived. He's holding a $100.00 bill of my money and wouldn't lie to me. He said he couldn't find a single problem with the unit. BTW, he's coming to my house Friday after work to hook up my Progressive surge protector. The only reason I'm mentioning the money is the service hands don't make a lot and a tip goes a long way. Every time I go there to buy something I go out and see him.
Sat in my theater seating with a fire flickering and the big screen on and can't figure out why I waited so long. The A/Cs work great and are very quiet. Debbie and I both thought the mattress was a huge upgrade over our last 2 rigs. Man, I've heard some complaints but the woodwork in this coach is really nice. Bottom line is this rig is a keeper and Heartland couldn't have done a nicer job for us. Thanks again to Heartland for the new coach and for the HOC.

Now, on to the problems I found that Billie couldn't.

1) The screen on the side window by the dinette table had a small hole in it. Like someone had poked a pencil in it. Billie said he would fix it and he had a roll of the screen.

2) There wasn't a 2. That was the only issue we found wrong with the coach and it could have happened anywhere. Thanks again to the Heartland Group.

I'm bringing it home before I go to work today. He also reinstalled the cover over my 5th Airborne hitch pin Really looks clean.

Bones

Thanks Dave Willis, the HL Bighorn rep who took a couple of calls from me during the build process of my loaded out 3270RS. Returned my calls before I could hang up.lol Thanks again.
Thanks again to Lone Star RV north location for delivering my 3rd HL product. Rod Chapman is the guy to see. Thanks again for my service tech, Billie Mac. Great job again Billie.

This purchase was a big step for us and our plans for the future, thanks in part to the HOC. We knew what we wanted and to be honest, I was a little worried about pushing my luck. We've had 2 great HL rigs prior to this and with all the problems you see posted, I was a little worried about 3 times being a charm. While on order, I even had pm's telling me to run away form HL products. We new we would stay in the family but the negativity you read puts little doubts in the back of your mind. Needless to say, been a little stressed waiting on our new rig.

Saw it the 1st time Monday with a Wednesday walk through. I'll list the discrepancies and issues at the end of this post. Got there at about 9:AM and Billy had it all opened up and we went over every connection, electrical and water related. Since it was hooked up to water and the fresh tank held water, he showed me that all plumbing was working from city water and the pump. There weren't any issues from the factory that he could find. The hydraulics worked great including slides and 6 point level up. Slides looked great and aligned nicely. Cycled them several times and they were quiet and smooth. This was one of my biggest worries. The areas behind the storage walls where the plumbing and wiring hides was surprisingly clean with the excess wire rolled up neatly. There was a few metal shavings from some drill work that he cleaned up for me before replacing the walls.

Billie and I go back and I asked him how many items he had to fix, tighten or correct before I arrived. He's holding a $100.00 bill of my money and wouldn't lie to me. He said he couldn't find a single problem with the unit. BTW, he's coming to my house Friday after work to hook up my Progressive surge protector. The only reason I'm mentioning the money is the service hands don't make a lot and a tip goes a long way. Every time I go there to buy something I go out and see him.
Sat in my theater seating with a fire flickering and the big screen on and can't figure out why I waited so long. The A/Cs work great and are very quiet. Debbie and I both thought the mattress was a huge upgrade over our last 2 rigs. Man, I've heard some complaints but the woodwork in this coach is really nice. Bottom line is this rig is a keeper and Heartland couldn't have done a nicer job for us. Thanks again to Heartland for the new coach and for the HOC.

Now, on to the problems I found that Billie couldn't.

1) The screen on the side window by the dinette table had a small hole in it. Like someone had poked a pencil in it. Billie said he would fix it and he had a roll of the screen.

2) There wasn't a 2. That was the only issue we found wrong with the coach and it could have happened anywhere. Thanks again to the Heartland Group.

I'm bringing it home before I go to work today. He also reinstalled the cover over my 5th Airborne hitch pin Really looks clean.
Congrats. Pictures and how does the new truck pull your new Lil Guy?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sounds like a dealer and tech we need to visit when we are ready to upgrade. Thanks for the info!! Congrats on the new coach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Rod Chapman will fix you up and give you as good of deal as there is. The guys in make ready and service are top notch and really care. The head of the service department is just a pusher and doesn't know squat. If you buy from Rod, he'll set you up right and make sure you're taken care of. Has been my experience with him on 3 ocasions

VKTalley

Frank, our sales guy here in Clarksville told us the same thing from his service guy. They couldn't find anything loose or otherwise on the rig we will be doing a PDI on tomorrow morning. Super excited to get in my new rig and onto the Tennesee rally in Nashville.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Guess it is a shame that the service techs make so little that you have to tip them to get them to do their job, especially since they charge $90 - $120 a hour for a labor rate. Guess who is making the money. MHO

MagnoliaTom

Congrats on your new rig! That's the same dealer I've bought all my Rv's from. Billie Mac is great. The sales team also great. Service dept stinks. Used to have a lady that was very nice as the service manager but knew nothing about how Rv's go together. She was replaced by another lady. She had way more technical knowledge but her people skills were terrible and she could never return a phone call. Now, I don't know who is running the service dept. I would buy again from them but make sure Billie Mac does the PDI and don't expect much out of the service dept. just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

You're right. The new service manager is a jerk. As far as tipping Billie Mac, it's something I do for a job well done and this has held true on all 3 of my rigs. He will do a good job regardless. But this thread is about Heartland delivering a nice coach so let's not stray too far off base here. I really just wanted to compliment HL here. Maye shouldn't have even mentioned the dealer.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats Frank! I know you guys will enjoy the new rig. Please post some pics I know we all would love to see the new setup. Safe travels!